• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Hey everyone !

Hey everyone, I am looking forward to learning as much as I can on here. I'm new to fish keeping, I've been doing it about a year. I just started my first cichlid tank!

I've attached a photo, Its 48x18x21

- Mason B

Ps. I'm new to forums so not sure if I did the photo correct, and I am sure to be extra slow on here.

20151202_121902.jpg

20151202_122044.jpg

20151202_122139.jpg

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Welcome to the forum! What have you got in the tank? I can see a couple of convicts, maybe an EB acara, and a geo of some sort?

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Time to start with a disease that most of us at the CCA have acquired over the years, MTS, or multiple tank syndrome.

Jurupari are a beautiful fish, but are on the more peaceful side of the spectrum and long term would do much better without the rougher Central Americans as tank mates. They are also, in my experience, much more sensitive to water quality and water parameters. I've tried a couple times with them, but I have higher pH, hard water and they just never seem to stay healthy.

Good luck with them!

Thanks for the advice I will keep that in mind. Hopefully in the next year I will be able to get another similar size tank.

I actually hAve a 50 gallon he tank with an Oscar as well. But my friends tank sprung a leak. So I am selling him my hex and he is goin to look after my oscar. But after getting the long 75g tank I fell in love with the size and would t mind another. Mts might be getting to me

- mdb

jonclark96

Past CCA President
MTS is hard to resist.

I had kept fish since I was a kid, but got back into the hobby in 2008 with a single 75 gallon tank. I found the CCA in 2009 and haven't looked back since. I've currently got 20 tanks running with a total of 858 gallons...

F8LBITE

Members
Welcome to the forum. You are right in PVAS territory. Have you checked out any of their meetings? Nice tank, I like the pottery caves

FishEggs

Welcome to the new hobby. Don't know why people talk about MTS like it's a bad thing. No need to resist it or anything. Your wallet tells you when you have enough tanks. :)

No I haven't checked out any meetings yet but I want to. Where on here can I find out more info on those meetings and what the consist of? Thx jose

Maby the only bad thing about MTS is the over population on snails problem.

Multiple tank syndrome
Mylasian trumpet snails

Thought that was funny.

I have a 10 gallon planted tank that I'm trying to cultivate java ferns in to add into my tank easier. It has many snails in it.

Yeah I actually tried to introduce the snails into that tank. I put about 5 in and they got devoured immediately by thr loaches. I might have to get a bunch and hide them under the sand or they will get killed..