• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

For Adoption: Parachromis Dovii 5"

Freakgecko

Members
Hi all! So I work at Washington Humane Society and we recently had a parachromis dovii (~5") off a search warrant. The fish was never claimed, so now we have a dovii for adoption! The adoption fee is $10 I believe. Just come into the shelter and say you heard about a dovii that's available.

Location is 1201 New York Ave NE, washington DC, 20002. Thanks guys! We really need to find him/her a home! Please only come adopt if you can properly care for this fish

Freakgecko

Members
Thanks! Yeah, I debated on just taking it home, but just stocked my 75 gallon so I now have no open tanks, even for a temporary housing situation. It is currently in about a 10-15 gallon, so I want to try and get it out of here as quickly as possible, as we don't have the means to maintain fish long term at all.

Freakgecko

Members
Yeah, he's just not gonna do well at our shelter. At this point, it's more of a "someone please take him to save a life" unfortunately

Freakgecko

Members
Unfortunately that would be one of the only ways to really do it :/ however, the shelter is right of 50/New York avenue, and away from the downtown traffic

Shawnc

Members
I have the room but hesitated as my main Dovii pair just spawned and have fry that will be free swimming tonight. I have a small tank (a 75) that I have as a tank for non paired random CA cichlids so at the moment the only other fish in that tank is a 6" Dovii female, a 5 inch male trimac. and a couple 6 inch labiatus.

Normally I take the metro into work but today I ended up driving in so I hope to get out of work in time to pick it up before 7.

Shawnc

Freakgecko

Members
Awesome! The shelter closes at 7, but the process should be quick anyway, we just really need the dovii moved, as I'm one of the only ones there that really knows fish well

Shawnc

Members
The Dovii is at home getting settled

Very nice people at the Washington Humane Society doing great work.

They were amused to see my little Nissan is setup as a rescue vehicle.

I keep in the back of my commuting car a 40 gallon breeder in the back seat, along with 4 new Loews blue 5 gallon buckets, a supply of bags and a battery powered air pump. I have a few big box stores where I know the managers and when they have fish dropped off (that should have never been sold to small tank amateurs) they call me and I take and rehome the fish so taking this Dovii is a no brainer as I have two breeding pairs and juvies at home.

Freakgecko

Members
Thank you so much! Exotic species mean a lot to me, so seeing them leave alive is the best thing in the world! You're a great person for doing this! Wish I had known, I was working yesterday and woulda loved to have said hello!