• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

sick fish

Oh my. Hope my peacock boy isn't going in that tank! I don't know and am not an expert on diseases. But if your water parameters are fine and thus it's not a water quality issue, I might assume it's violence that hasw now gotten infected. I would remove that fish and put him in a small tank by himself with very clean water. I don't know what I'd treat him with, though . . .

dogofwar

CCA Members
That looks like a wound that's resulted in secondary bacterial and fungal infections.

I'd isolate and treat with Melafix and Pimafix to start...

Matt

Jmty

Members
Holly is not in that tank,already been isolated
Tomorrow will get the medicine and be treated
Thanks for the pointer.

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
Holly is not in that tank,already been isolated
Tomorrow will get the medicine and be treated
Thanks for the pointer.

PetSmart has Ethromycin. Walmart is the cheapest for Pimafix and Melafix. Only by a few cents though. Petco stopped selling meds a year ago.

verbal

CCA Members
PetSmart has Ethromycin. Walmart is the cheapest for Pimafix and Melafix. Only by a few cents though. Petco stopped selling meds a year ago.

The cheapest "Melafix" is diluted tea tree oil. Pimafix is also a similar oil. I think Melafix is a 1% solution.

chriscoli

Administrator
Yes - or pond formulation of either (from Kensfish.com).

Matt

+1 on the pond version. I love that stuff.

Just keep in mind that if you do use antibiotics, it will affect your filter so be prepared to keep an eye on the water parameters (ammonia and nitrites) and if you start to see either, do some emergency waterchanges (or if I can't do a waterchange because I don't want to dump all that expensive medication that I just put in down the drain, I'll resort to a band-aid approach by dosing with some AmQuel Plus to bind it up until I can do a waterchange).

IF I have to go the antibiotic route, I follow up afterward with a waterchange and I re-seed my filter. Usually I do this by squeezing a sponge filter from one of my other tanks into some water in a container and then dumping the mucky squeezings into the previously medicated tank.

Jmty

Members
after 3 wks. of treatment

not improvement ,what other thing can i do to this fish,he acts normal eats like a fish...no sign of problem ??? help me out please,thanks .

Jmty

Members
treated with melafix and pimafix,common sense is sacrifice the fish ,is not a beauty ,but like to know.