• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Air in My Fish Room

MarkK

CCA Members
Following the basic pattern shown by Ted Judy, I created a closed loop using 3/4" PVC. I chose to glue the pieces although Ted Judy says it is not necessary.

For air, I'm using an Alita AL-6A Linea pump. The Alita comes with a screw-in adapter to which I attach a length of 5/8" (inside diameter) tubing, and the other end I used a 3/4" adapter with a metal nipple on one end and the other screws into the PVC.

I hope the video demonstrates all of this.

Also shown are the tanks/sponges being driven by this arrangement. This is the smaller Alita, but it has plenty of air to spare, I have one air stone not submerged, to bleed excess capacity.

[YT]ImwvFw_kht0[/YT]

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Looking good, Mark.

With all that air, you now need more tanks! :FIREdevil:

JasonC

Members
I'm using the same pump, but with the provided manifold instead of a closed loop... should I be bleeding this too? What does this do for the pump?

MarkK

CCA Members
I'm using the same pump, but with the provided manifold instead of a closed loop... should I be bleeding this too? What does this do for the pump?

Ted Judy indicated that the closed loop helps build and evenly distribute the pressure and air. A straight line was suggested to affect the pressure.

I have to bleed excess or else the pump makes a buzzing.

On the loop I use the Nickel Plated Valve which requires the thread tap (both from this page http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=3578+3669+8165&pcatid=8165) Then I had to find on-line a Q drill bit. Ted Judy demonstrates how to do the valve installation in detail.