• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Fish geek math- petite water exchanges. Easy.

Tannin Aquatics

CCA Members
Don't you just love water changes? Seems like I'm one of those weirdos who does. I am not even sure what the specific reason is...but I like doing them. It's like a "feel-good, tank bonding" ritual thingy for me, I suppose. I dunno. A habit.

Not everyone shares my geeky enthusiasm about 'em.

I talk to a lot of hobbyists daily, and it's practically a given that they'll complain about doing water changes as much as we like to complain about stuff like taxes, our cable bill, or whatever. (click to read more)

YSS

Members
5% twice a week? May be for very low bio-loads tank, but not sure if this will do for most tanks. Say this to discus keepers who do 90% daily water changes and see what they say.

Tannin Aquatics

CCA Members
5% twice a week? May be for very low bio-loads tank, but not sure if this will do for most tanks. Say this to discus keepers who do 90% daily water changes and see what they say.

Good point...more targeted at the general fish keeper than the specialized guys and gals...In reef keeping, we tend to avoid water changes like the plague, so indoctrinating people to ANY sort of regimen is a good thing...But you're right, specialized breeders are on a whole different level!
-Scott