• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Need assistance moving a few tanks - free beer and other benes

chris_todd

Members
So we've been doing some basement renovations, and the back half of the basement is done, but before we tackle the front half of the basement, we need to move the 75g, 90g, and 110g tanks. I'm taking the day off on Friday, and will drain the 75 and 90 (the 110 is already empty) and put the fish in rubbermaid tubs, in preparation for moving the tanks on Saturday.

Can anyone help me out with this task on this coming Saturday? I probably only need one stout person for about an hour (though the more the merrier), but anyone who helps out will receive (in addition to my thanks and gratitude) beer, some kind of meat cooked on a grill, and you're perfectly welcome to hang around for the rest of the afternoon and talk fish, hang out, and help me aquascape the tanks in their new locations.

Other bonuses include:
  • You get to see all our Orchids and Carnivorous plants
  • You get to see what a "brown paper floor" looks like (Google brown paper flooring - that's what we did to the floor in the back half of the basement)
  • You get to see my fish and tanks
  • If the skies are clear, I'll be happy to setup my Solar telescope and you can look at sunspots
  • Did I mention FREE BEER? And I would point out I only drink *good* beer - life is too short for cheap beer
  • Grilled MEAT (first person to respond gets to choose between burgers, steaks, sausages, or whatever type of meat they prefer)
  • You'll have my eternal gratitude

I live in Catonsville, MD, not far from the Double TT diner at the corner of Route 40 and Rolling Road. PM me or respond to this thread if you're interested. If Saturday does not work for anyone, I might be able to do Sunday instead.

chris_todd

Members
Cool! Why don't we just call this a fishy friends party, where anyone can show between, say, 3 and 6 pm, and we will hang out, do some grilling, drinking, and eventually move three tanks from one side of the basement to the other.

I live at 410 Bathurst Road, Catonsville. Google maps finds it vey accurately, and all are welcome, though an RSVP would be welcome, just so we buy enough meat and ale.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Plenipotentiary-at-large
But of course

Cain't do the afternoon thing but I could maybe come by early Saturday to help you move the tanks so you can get that part out of the way. Let me know.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
I've got my nephew's birthday that day; sorry Chris.

Have been wanting to come up there to hang out.

Ack, Chris! If you weren't that far away during rush hour, I'd consider coming by to help aquascpae. But my boys don't get out of school until 4pm and traffic up that way will be a bear for my boys.

If I can convince bubby, maybe I can come by Saturday afternoon?

Arlene

chriscoli

Administrator
Sadly, I have a commitment with the in-laws in Delaware that day....very sadly. I really want to see your orchids/carnivorous plants/tanks. :(

chris_todd

Members
Cain't do the afternoon thing but I could maybe come by early Saturday to help you move the tanks so you can get that part out of the way. Let me know.

Sam, thanks for the offer, but the kids have several things going on in the morning and we won't be home.

Arlene, the shindig is on Saturday afternoon, not Friday, so you're perfectly welcome to come by, though it's a very long drive for you. I live around the corner from Judi (who will be here with her family). I don't have any planted tanks right now, so the only aquascaping I might do on Saturday would be to place a stack of rocks and cichlid caves in the 110g African tank. I will eventually replant the 75, but I don't have any plants right now, so that will have to wait.

Chris, Tony, et. al, it's cool, we will probably host another party after we finish the basement renovations.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app