• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Went to fish store came back with nothing?!?

fish

Banned
Feels weird... Went to house of tropics today... Did not really have anything interesting. I almost always buy at least 1 fish when i go to a fish store! Just feels weird. How often do you guys buy fish?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Localzoo

Board of Directors
Feels weird... Went to house of tropics today... Did not really have anything interesting. I almost always buy at least 1 fish when i go to a fish store! Just feels weird. How often do you guys buy fish?

Not often since the baby.
But seems live every time I step foot in a store I leave with something. (That's sort of why I stay away unless I need stuff)

I always buy a fish when I go to a fish store. I just brought 2 small festae the other day from HOT. I went back Saturday and brought the last two lol... I really can't help myself when it comes to fish stores. I have to buy something even if its a plant.

Sent from my HP Slate 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Raven20

Members
I buy everything online once a month to combine shipping charges...after all said and done, it's a heck of a lot cheaper than the LFS...

something i see that i want (didnt say I needed) just wanted....

dang fingers got ahead of my brain still to early on a monday morning

Jim Anderson

CCA Members
Ironic, I went to HOT yesterday as well and saw nothing interesting. Walked out with nothing, "will power". I always seem to buy something as well whether it be food , equip, or fish.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I used to have the addiction where I couldn't walk out of a LFS without purchasing something, but I've gotten better. Mostly because I don't have the tank space to add fish.

chriscoli

Administrator
I find it hit or miss.....I'm tyring to be pickier about what I get and curb my urge to impulse-buy fish that I haven't fully researched.

I find it much harder to walk out of there with no fish if I go with a "friend" like Jim who stands there and points out all of the fish that would be cool in my tank. :)

I do like to buy supplies at HOT even though I can get them cheaper on the internet. I don't have to pay shipping, and I like to give the few LFS left in the area my business so that they'll be open when I really need them. Like when I need fish meds, or when a pump part breaks on Friday afternoon....

mchambers

Former CCA member
I concur

I find it hit or miss.....I'm tyring to be pickier about what I get and curb my urge to impulse-buy fish that I haven't fully researched.

I find it much harder to walk out of there with no fish if I go with a "friend" like Jim who stands there and points out all of the fish that would be cool in my tank. :)

I do like to buy supplies at HOT even though I can get them cheaper on the internet. I don't have to pay shipping, and I like to give the few LFS left in the area my business so that they'll be open when I really need them. Like when I need fish meds, or when a pump part breaks on Friday afternoon....
+1

It's definitely cheaper to buy supplies on the Internet, but we do need to support our LFSs, if we want them to survive. If current trends continue, we'll have only mail order and the big chains.

My tanks are so full of fish these days that I usually don't buy any fish when I visit a LFS. So I try to buy frozen foods or other supplies when I go.

verbal

CCA Members
My tanks are so full of fish these days that I usually don't buy any fish when I visit a LFS. So I try to buy frozen foods or other supplies when I go.

Frozen and live foods are the biggest reason I miss not having a local fish store.

JasonC

Members
guessing you are north of the city? Maybe That Fish Place? Its in PA, but I think just over the border?

YSS

Members
If a store like HOT was near my house, I would stop by at least once a week and probably buy something, not every time, but often. I only have petsmart and petco near me and I really don't stop by those stores.