• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

My new favorite fish

I'm quite amazed at how fast some of my fish are putting on their big boy colors. This guy stole the best color title from my rubescens. Unfortunately with my crappy camera no picture can capture the glow that comes off this fish. Its pretty unbelievable to watch. My red empress is changing and I snap a pic everyday to document the transformation. I'm on day 12 now, will post the highlights around day thirty if anyone's interested.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

uploadfromtaptalk1383511541415.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1383511551036.jpg

Steve

Members
I had a school of azureus once upon a time, so I'll just advise: get used to not capturing the electric blue-purple shine they seem to give off. :) It's like trying to photograph an aura or something.
And, I love the idea of photographing your red empress every day!

Greengirl

Members
Such beautiful colors! And some people think fresh water fish are not as pretty as salt water fish. When I see a cichlid like this I want to yell to those salt water enthusiasts that they are wrong.

Ues its an azureusi have seen them with white and yellow dorsal margins. Does anyone know the name of the variety with the yellow?

Ading522

Members
Ues its an azureusi have seen them with white and yellow dorsal margins. Does anyone know the name of the variety with the yellow?

I think the ones with yellow are otopharynx lithobates yellow blaze..

Sent from my XT1060 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

I believe that's a differnt species all together. They look similar in that they are both blue and juvies have three spots but the O. Lithobate have yellow down their face and c. Azureus do not.