• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

cutteri

danger_chicken

Swim Fishy Swim!
That male is awesome looking. How old is he?
hatched the first or second week in June.

Jon your's should get beefy too. Minifoot got his about 2 months before you. In the fry tank there was a lot of competition for food. All the ones I pulled and kept are prety meaty and colorful.

I don't know if it's the food I use now or the water or something else but this batch of cutteri have out preformed all others I've had (from the same parents and including the parents) in growth and color.

dogofwar

CCA Members
I took some iPhone pics of my f1 "rio jutiapa" pair guarding their little ones

they're great fish

Matt

danger_chicken

Swim Fishy Swim!
I may have a 1 eyed puffer now. The cutteri in his tank paired up and I found him last night with a really messed up eye. They are bold. He's big enough to take large chucks out of them.

I took some iPhone pics of my f1 "rio jutiapa" pair guarding their little ones

they're great fish

Matt
These are F2 "rio jutiapa". The parents are F1's from fishfarm.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
hatched the first or second week in June.

Jon your's should get beefy too. Minifoot got his about 2 months before you. In the fry tank there was a lot of competition for food. All the ones I pulled and kept are prety meaty and colorful.

I don't know if it's the food I use now or the water or something else but this batch of cutteri have out preformed all others I've had (from the same parents and including the parents) in growth and color.

I'm looking forward to it. I also got a male from another source, and both are growing slowly.

dSerk

Members
Mine doesn't look like yours

OK, finally got some pics taken on my cutteri, but the photography is horrible. Bad camera, bad photographer, moving fish.... and I can't upload high resolution images :angry:

Mine doesn't seem to have 7 stripes. From head to tail, the second and fifth stripes are muted, almost invisible when he's wearing his pale colors. He seems to be missing one stripe. I bought him at SuperPets in Annandale, VA. (they still have some)

Any chance we can figure out what gender "he" is from these pics?

Thanks!

View attachment Frankie001.jpg

Frankie002.jpg

Frankie003.jpg

dSerk

Members
It's only about 3 inches. "She" is a little territorial, likes to chase the bigger tetras. Sometimes I think she flashes her fin at reflection in the glass, but she shies away from a mirror.