• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Greetings from Waldorf, MD

Scottk

Members
Hello,

Living in Waldorf for a few years. Recently got into the hobby due to a spare vase in the house that was about to be a fish home. Research ensued and the idea was quickly scrapped.

Started with a fluval spec v with a RCS, zebra nerite and two Dario Dario.

Tank ran fine for a few months and we lost a scarlet basis due to getting lodged between decoration.

We then upgraded to a 12 long and added three more scarlets and 4 guppies for the wife and kids since the scarlet basis were always hiding.

Looking forward to interacting with the local community!

Scott

Harleyrider5

Members
Welcome scott there are a few of us that live in waldorf too. Your in good company

Sent from my SPH-L710 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

rich_one

Members
Welcome... I'm also from Waldorf. Glad to have you!

-Rich

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Scottk

Members
Thanks everyone. Really glad to hear there are a few people from Waldorf and the somd area. Was beginning to think I was all alone down here!

Scottk

Members
Sure, love to post pictures. Here are pictures from the build log. It has changed a little since then, my wife finally let me kick Ariel to the curb. Looks more natural now. We have since added a lot more plants as well. When I get home I can take a better picture. Guppies weren't there yet either when these were taken.

Oh I know this site is obviously geared towards cichlids; sorry I don't have any and I don't think they'd do well in my current tank. I have to keep a nano due to the inevitable fact that I will be moving again in a few years. :p

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

4_1.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.jpg

8.JPG

9.JPG

10.JPG

11.JPG

12.JPG

Scottk

Members
Ha- Thanks Acpape0. The hair algae attack is mostly gone now too :p I put the plants in a bucket for a few weeks while I was doing some transitioning and it exploded all over them. It actually looks significantly better now that it's been properly planted for the scarlet badis. I was hesitant to put the algae covered plants in the tank but the scarlet badis and shrimp really loved snuggling up in it. I guess it was only unsightly to me. And who knew that guppies eat green hair algae? I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw them tugging away at it.

Forester

Members
That is a really cool setup! The mechanics of that system seem like they were probably hard to work out especially since you can have any spilling where it is. Nice job, and welcome to the forum!

Scottk

Members
Correct, I can't remember the brand but it's a 200 watt inline on the return side. We keep the house thermostat at 76, same as the level I'm keeping the tank at. It only really turns on at night and once and awhile I hear it during the day.