• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

1$ Gallon Sale

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
The sale just started and runs through May 2nd. A friend of mine just snagged a 40b from the Germantown Petco.

Vinh2o

Members
I was in Petco last night. I noticed that they had tanks stacked all over the place. I ask the person who was stacking them when was the next $1.00 per gallon sale? She said tomorrow(today) that is why I'm stacking all the tanks now. I did see a lot of 40 Breeders. The only issue with the 40 Breeders are the stands, lights, and hoods are not typical sizes. I want to get a few 40 Breeders, but I thinking of getting 20G or 29G because it is easier to find stands and hoods cheap.I will use them for breeding groups or grow out tanks for fry & Juvies. Your thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Last edited:

Tangcollector

Staff member
glass tops

If you get a 2 part glass canopy for a 125 gallon tank, You will have 2 glass tops for the 40 gallon tanks. They fit perfectly.

Vinh2o

Members
Great Tip Greg!

Does anyone know of a company or store that sells reasonably priced iron stands for 40B so you can stack them? I need to have the flexibility to be able to move them, to be able to run them when I need them, or put them away when I don't have a breeding project or grow out going on.

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
Fostersmith.com carries tge Titan EZE double stand. It's the only one I know of that can house two tanks of equal size.

Sent from my VS985 4G using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Tangcollector

Staff member
Great Tip Greg!

Does anyone know of a company or store that sells reasonably priced iron stands for 40B so you can stack them? I need to have the flexibility to be able to move them, to be able to run them when I need them, or put them away when I don't have a breeding project or grow out going on.

These stands are an exact match for those tanks. I have one and you will get 2 stands holding 2 tanks each out of one shelving unit.
The shelves hold 1000 lbs each. You can get them at Lowes.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_319466-1281...uct_qty_sales_dollar|1&page=1&facetInfo=edsal

There is a video on how to assemble it for 40B tanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhZrKiqfRQ4

Watch the video !!!

npbarca

Members
Great Tip Greg!

Edsal shelving from Home Depot has shelves that fit the exact dimensions of a 40b. One unit can hold 4 40b. I have 2 units and they are perfect.

Vinh2o

Members
Greg thanks for sharing the link and the video. This is the perfect blue print for an inexpensive 4 tank 40 breeder set up.

Nicholas, the Edsal unit that Home Depot and the Lowes unit are probably knocks off each other possibly being produced in the same factory for each respective company. However after watching the video that Greg shared, the fit of the Lowes unit is so spot on it is as if it where made just for housing 4 40 Breeders tanks. The fit is so spot on that the metal railing carries the weight of the tank and not the board. If you have not watched the video yet watch it! Again Greg and Nicolas thanks for sharing!

dogofwar

CCA Members
If it's for a fish room, a few 6" concrete blocks and a 2x4s and you've got a stand for a few bucks and no time at all...

Matt

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
I was in Petco last night. I noticed that they had tanks stacked all over the place. I ask the person who was stacking them when was the next $1.00 per gallon sale? She said tomorrow(today) that is why I'm stacking all the tanks now. I did see a lot of 40 Breeders. The only issue with the 40 Breeders are the stands, lights, and hoods are not typical sizes. I want to get a few 40 Breeders, but I thinking of getting 20G or 29G because it is easier to find stands and hoods cheap.I will use them for breeding groups or grow out tanks for fry & Juvies. Your thoughts?

If you buy a edsal 36x18x72 shelf you have two 40b double stands. Each shelf has a 800lbs load limit. A titan ez stand for two 40b's is 60 bucks. Thanks for the tip on 225 lids.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Tangcollector

Staff member
If you buy a edsal 36x18x72 shelf you have two 40b double stands. Each shelf has a 800lbs load limit. A titan ez stand for two 40b's is 60 bucks. Thanks for the tip on 225 lids.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

There are two edsal stands. Be sure to get the one with a 1000 lbs capacity per shelf. I also used the boards that came with the stand but I coated them with Polyeurothane to water proof them just to be thorough. and it is a 125 lid.