• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

WTB: large tank 180+, lid, stand

thedavidzoo

Members
Putting out feelers if someone is thinking about getting rid of theirs. Not really looking to set up till Aug/Sep.

Gallons not important, more the LxW dimensions, 30" width would be ideal.
6-7' x 24"+W x 20"+H

Can be imperfect, with scratches, etc. I'd even be willing to reseal. Just looking to get something:rolleyes:"cheap":lol:

gcaligan

Members
Hmmm... I may have what you're looking for. During a recent move, my movers broke the bottom bracing on my 6 x 2 x 2 180g tank. The tank will need new bracing and need to be re-sealed (leaked when filled). It has no shortage of minor scratches as well.
They're planning to take it away, but I got conflicting stories about their plans for it. The owner said he wants to keep it as a lesson for his employees; the manager said they're just going to junk it. They may be interested if someone else wants to take it off their hands.
I am hoping to take this opportunity to upgrade to a larger tank. If that pans out, I will have a homemade stand, glass tops, and possibly a sump to get rid of.
Anyway, if you're interested, let me know and I can check with the moving co.

Hicgup

Members
I'm not giving it away, but if you want a BIG tank for $2.00 a gallon I have a 400 Gal.
400 Gallon Fiberglass Aquarium with glass front-
Overall dimensions are 106-1/4" long, 33-1/4" wide, 41-1/4" high.
Drilled for closed loop, 2" bulkheads (currently capped) four in the back, two in the bottom, two smaller bulkheads on right side. Built in overflow on left side-( I just took this apart on the outside of the tank-can be re-worked-or closed depending on your wants and needs).
Front is 3/4" glass, no big or noticeable scratches, and the viewing window is 90-1/4" long by 28-1/4" tall.

Exact inside dimensions are 100.5" L X 26.5" W X 41" High.
According to my quick math that comes out to 473.925 gallons,
but I never ran the tank filled to the brim. Using the built in overflow the total water depth is more like 36" (which because of the trim around the glass if you do run the tank at a full 41" you will be looking up at the surface of the water-could be a cool perspective-but that is up to the individual with the tank.
So at inside dimensions of 100.5" L X 26.5" W X 36" water depth my quick math gets me to 416.10 gallons.

Keep in mind this tank holds about 3,200 lbs. of water. Also, yes it is fiberglass, but I work in the aquaculture industry where we use high quality fiberglass tanks (some from Norway) and my boss says the quality of my tank is better than anything we have in our facility. I can send you a small sample of the pressured condensed fiberglass for $5, deducted from the tank price if you purchase. Tank can be viewed in person in Hampton, Va

thedavidzoo

Members
Wow, thanks, but that is a bit BIGGER than I can handle, plus the footprint in my "fish room/office" isn't even big enough...I appreciate it though.;)

gcaligan

Members
Geoff, thanks...but I am not so sure about having to redo bracing, that might be a bit beyond my know-how.

Yep, me too.
I guess it also depends on what you're planning to do with it. If someone wanted it for turtles or water dragons or something where you're only filling it part way, you may be able to use it as-is without repairing or re-sealing.

Assuming the movers take the tank, I intend to keep the glass tops, sump, and the stand. Something to keep in mind if you end up piecing something together rather than finding a package deal.