• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Florida Trip 2014

Thai

Members
As some of you recall last year I took a trip down to florida to catch feral populations of cichlids and it was a blast! This year I'm doing it again.

The dates are from Sunday June 8th to Sunday the 15th. Originally I had a two seats open for a free ride in which Kevin and Matt were inline for.

That has changed a little bit, my wife invited her sister and sisters boyfriend along so the empty seats are gone.

If anyone wants to come alone I can provide my BMW SUV for usage on this trip as long as you respect the car and pay for gas. You can take turns driving and we can switch driver/rider configurations along the way. This way we can carry more gear and bring back more fish.

The other option is you take your own car, in which there will be no limitations.

This will be a fun trip and we will get a chance at many different species! I will update as more develops

This trip is not endorsed by CCA and as such they nor I shall not be held liable or accountable for anything that happens during the trip. This is come at your own risk! Just putting this out there.

Pics from last year

The BMW on the left is the one available for use

kevin911

Members
Balling lol, I can pay more toward gas if somebody want to take my share of driving. I'm horrible at long distance driving.

Sent from my HTC One using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Thai

Members
Also this is offer is open to Paid CCA Members , if you're not and would like to come please pm me so I may screen

Ading522

Members
wow! if i were into those kind of fish.. i would be in.. too bad Africa is just too far away for a road trip.. this sounds fun for sure! keep us updated!

Wow, this is one thing I really wamt to do. I spend many late nights browsing youtube vids of people fishing the canals of florida for some pretty awesome amd unbelievable stuff. Theres really no limit to the amount of bizarre stuff you can pull in.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

JasonC

Members
looks like a blast... and you are able to keep them?

Dont think I could make it happen, but may need to pick your brain about where you fish inn case I am able to make it down there some day soon..

Wasnt there someone on the forum who knew of a local warm water spot you could fish for tropicals?

Siklid

Members
That is the last week of school for me - we do graduation on the 12th....otherwise I would love to be there.

Where at in FL?

Becca

Members
But in a Lexus and BMW? I would think k it would be very comfortable..hehe

Sent from my XT1060 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

+1 :D

I wish I could do something like this, but crazy road trips are off limits with a toddler "running" around.

I'm also a vehicular narcoleptic...

frankoq

Members
But in a Lexus and BMW? I would think k it would be very comfortable..hehe

The ultimate driving machine is comfortable, but 6-8h drives is as much as I want to do. and I can't rest as co-pilot.

Ading522

Members
Haha.. I guess each one to his own.. I drove to Chicago from MD in 10 hours..just gas and bathroom breaks.. And of a 14 hour trip to Florida drove for 12 hours.. :) I guess I don't mind driving..

Thai

Members
Last time we went it took about 18 hours to get there, I did all the driving and honestly it wasn't that bad

Localzoo

Board of Directors
+1 :D

I wish I could do something like this, but crazy road trips are off limits with a toddler "running" around.

I'm also a vehicular narcoleptic...

Lol I feel you maybe we can organize something for the parents and kids like group outing to the zoo or aquarium. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

YSS

Members
Where in FL do you fish for such cichlids? I will be West Palm Beach area for Spring Break and would be fun to fish for cichlids.

ddavila06

Members
sweet! u guys enjoy...i cant sit still in my car for more than 4 hours or so :/
one and only florida trip was like 25 hours due to major accident on the way...not us, though