• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Fishing trip

Localzoo

Board of Directors
So this is a feeler. Anyone interested in doing a trip to either the beach or locally?
So what days in summer?
Would anyone want to volunteer their boat or we can charter a boat?(not necessary if we do shore fishing...)
Bring family and friends....
Any ideas, volunteers etc.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

kevin911

Members
I'm definitely interested, I don't have a boat but can definitely chip in some $ for one if we have some people that are interested. I just want to have fun fishing, ideally on a boat so lets get this to work :)

Sent from my HTC One using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Becca

Members
I would be interested! I love fishing. I don't have a license, but I think if you charter a boat for the purpose, they take care of that. Jeremy went a few years ago with his dad. I'm not sure if they'd be interested in a group trip, but I can check.

Chartering a boat (assuming the chip-in isn't super pricey) might work for those of us who lost our fishing equipment sometime during college (oops).

Localzoo

Board of Directors
I would be interested! I love fishing. I don't have a license, but I think if you charter a boat for the purpose, they take care of that. Jeremy went a few years ago with his dad. I'm not sure if they'd be interested in a group trip, but I can check.

Chartering a boat (assuming the chip-in isn't super pricey) might work for those of us who lost our fishing equipment sometime during college (oops).

Lol I had 4 Rods tackle box with all sorts if bait man should not have gotten rid of it.

Chartering covers licensure

Deep sea fishing is pricier about $600 if my memory Serbs me right dep on season distance/ time out etc

Other boats do bay fishing for $35 for a few hours.

Sounds like chartering would be the way to go but will wait for more to chime in.

ddavila06

Members
i would love to charter. never been on a boat, lol. love fishing and anxiously waiting for the warm weather to move in!

npbarca

Members
If anyone wants a day trip, I know some good spots on the bay for some stripers from shore. Also, I know a great warm water spot on the Potomac if the weather does not warm up soon.

Becca

Members
If anyone wants a day trip, I know some good spots on the bay for some stripers from shore. Also, I know a great warm water spot on the Potomac if the weather does not warm up soon.

I think, then, we'd need to all get licenses and equipment - I haven't had either since my early 20's.

Localzoo

Board of Directors

Cool I think that would be a good
How many people will your spot accommodate? I want to get a head count and see what everyone decides on doing

npbarca

Members
I have tons of equipment, but yes you would need a license. If I end up going to my spots on the bay, I think I can bring enough rods for a few extra people. Same with my spot on the Potomac.

JasonC

Members
I would be interested in a trip... probably a shoreside or off pier as its not as much $$... would need to find gear...

TovMahal

Members
Count me in. I have a bunch of Striper gear that has not seen the light of day since I moved to DC. I figure the rods, lead and hooks are still good but not so sure about the reels.

A charter boat or head boat would be great but I'm game for fishing from shore.

Becca

Members
I'm guessing fishing licenses probably cost less than chartering a boat, unless you can fit 30 people on a boat and not have someone get hooked. Still, a boat sounds like so much fun.

Yeah - licenses are $15 for a year from what I can see and $6 for a week. Oddly less expensive than the freshwater license. Of course, I grew up fishing in a place where there was only freshwater, so maybe that's not odd at all.

npbarca

Members
Does anyone have kayaks? I usually go kayak fishing, and we could access many more spots than from shore.

Thai

Members
Going to throw this out there... I plan on going back down to florida again this summer and can bring one person with me if anyone would like to come. Free ride, you would just need your own sep hotel room.

I am also game for fishing locally as well.
I usually fish for bass and stripers

Have a ton of gear but all bait casting

image.jpg

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
Count me in! I can bring my own rods, tackel, ect.
And Im sure my dad would be willing to pitch in a little if the charter is too expensive :D

Last edited: