• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

FS 400 GALLON AQUARIUM

Thai

Members
I would have a hard time trusting plywood tanks...

Like billy said, plywood tanks are stronger than glass if built correctly but longevity is where you run into leak issues. Longest I've heard of a plywood tank staying operational is around 5 years, whereas I have a 125 gallon that was built in 1994 and still running strong.

Hicgup

Members
I would have a hard time trusting plywood myself. The tank I have is not a plywood home DIY job, it is built like a tank, the kind of thing that you would use in a commercial aquaculture setting. I have had it running since 1999, and I have no difficulty thinking it could run to 2024 without skipping a beat.

domdes

Members
I've seen the pics wit water n it, not a bad tank at all, kinda like the fiber tank that Richard has at Beltway Aquarium with the piranhas, only longer & taller, instead of baby blue color that Richard has on his fiber tank this tank is brown/black in color, but I would trust a fiberglass tank b4 I would trust a wood tank, the fiberglass is normally a one piece mode together tank than the 6/7 pieces of wood nailed together which has potential to leak over time, that's my take on it but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

lemarj

Members
I've seen the pics wit water n it, not a bad tank at all, kinda like the fiber tank that Richard has at Beltway Aquarium with the piranhas, only longer & taller, instead of baby blue color that Richard has on his fiber tank this tank is brown/black in color, but I would trust a fiberglass tank b4 I would trust a wood tank, the fiberglass is normally a one piece mode together tank than the 6/7 pieces of wood nailed together which has potential to leak over time, that's my take on it but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Ok

Sent from my SPH-L720 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

harlowe777

Members
My "oak"tank is 2"thick..with angle iron edges..1" acrillic..and 2x6 frame..if I punched a fiber tank..ill punch a hole threw it..mine..yea It would just brake your hand..lol..again depends on builder..