• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Sept 28 Cichlid Club of York Meeting

dogofwar

CCA Members
I'm going to be doing a presentation on Biotopes in Uruguay at Cichlid Club of York next Saturday (Sept 28) at 1:00 PM.

Lots of folks from CCY came down to support AquaMania and I'm excited to check out their club and share some experiences from my trips to Uruguay.

Hope to see you there!

Here's a link to their site: http://www.cichlidclubofyork.com/

If anyone would like to carpool with me, let me know... I'll be leaving out of Rockville / Potomac, MD...

Thanks,
Matt

I must say I'm a bit disappointed with ccy I applied for membership over a week ago and it is still pending approval. I live in pa and have been searching for a local fish club as good as cca but they just don't exist. Thanks for making this the best club online. I hope I can help ccy become the best in pa, if I can ever sign in!

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

blkmjk

Members
I must say I'm a bit disappointed with ccy I applied for membership over a week ago and it is still pending approval. I live in pa and have been searching for a local fish club as good as cca but they just don't exist. Thanks for making this the best club online. I hope I can help ccy become the best in pa, if I can ever sign in!

Well I'm sorry to hear that was you're experience with CCY so far. It certainly is not like Scott to be unresponsive. But he like most of us does have a job as well as being the president of CCY. Give him a little more time then shoot me a pm I will contact him myself on your behalf.

Drew

Thank you drew all I read was very good things about it, I was surprised by the hold up. I also thought he could be at the konvention and unable to access a computer. This was a big weekend for east coast fish keepers

dogofwar

CCA Members
Just email or PM Scott McLaughlin... remember that folks that "run" fish clubs are volunteers and usually have day jobs :)

Hope to see you at the meeting!

Matt

johnscottant

Members
Sorry for the delay on your application but it has been processed and we are happy to have another PA member in the house. I hope we will see many CCA members there as Matt has been a good support system for our club. We have lots to eat plenty of room and all fish sellers get 100 percent of their sales. Please check us out a 1pm at 3844 Kings Lane Dover PA 17315. Its a short drive to support someone like Matt and all he's done for the CCA.

dogofwar

CCA Members
Had a great time with Scott and CCY yesterday - great turn-out (about 40 folks), lots of interest and good questions and a really positive and fun vibe.

They're working on a shuttle/carpool down to CCA meetings and larger meeting place.

If you're in the York neck-of-the-woods, please check out CCY!

Matt

verbal

CCA Members
Had a great time with Scott and CCY yesterday - great turn-out (about 40 folks), lots of interest and good questions and a really positive and fun vibe.

They're working on a shuttle/carpool down to CCA meetings and larger meeting place.

If you're in the York neck-of-the-woods, please check out CCY!

Matt

Glad to hear your talk went well and about the success of Cichlid club of York. It is great to hear about a club having the "problem" of needing a larger meeting area.

dogofwar

CCA Members
The current location is great....just getting a little snug for the crowd.

It's the club house for the housing development where Scott lives - presentation is on a giant flat-screen mounted on the wall, nice couches and comfy chairs...a few large wooden tables and a kitchen area for food.

I scored a couple of big pieces of terra cotta pipe in the auction. I dropped the 6" diameter, foot long one in with my group of royal plecos...

It was great to see Kurt, Lonny, Jay and some other guys who sometimes make it down to CCA meetings as well!

Matt

Glad to hear your talk went well and about the success of Cichlid club of York. It is great to hear about a club having the "problem" of needing a larger meeting area.

johnscottant

Members
1378822_10201260974779053_1733081087_n.jpg

1383041_10201260962138737_198173294_n.jpg

558318_10201260966298841_922122837_n.jpg

johnscottant

Members
Matt

The CCY would like to thank you so much for coming up up and doing your great presentation! My members are still raving about it! We had a wondeful time and we hope you will visit us again. It was an honor to have you visit my fish room (if you can call it that) and talk like only 2 fish geeks can...lol We will certainly be in the house at Aquafest and we will be coming to your month meetings as well. You are awesome Matt! Thanks again!!!!!

523532_10201260968298891_2005310748_n.jpg

1375934_10201260970178938_1121436673_n.jpg

Jay

CCA Members
Great presentation Matt. The fish you collect are quite interesting. Hope to see you on October 12 at the CCA meeting. Jay

Matt,
Thank you for the time you spent with CCY on Sept 28th. You gave a great presentation and kept the energy level high.....The Australoheros sp are doing well and are so awesome. We will have to post some pics when they get bigger.... their red eyes are amazing.

johnscottant

Members
1377028_10201139903354209_994573059_n.jpg

I had to steal a photo of these amazing cichlids Matt brought to Lonny at our meeting. I think they are awesome looking and i hope to get a pair soon. Thanks again Matt!!