• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Holey Rock of Texas

HoleyRockofTex

CCA Members
I moved to the area about a week ago and found this site though google. I currently keep african cichlids (mainly for Lake Malawi). I was not bale to move all my fish to DC and some of my fish sadly did not make the move. Long story sort i have some empty space and will be looking for some different cichlids if anyone has any. I also brought with my about 2500 lbs of texas holey rock. I am looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Thank You,
David

Ading522

Members
Welcome to the forum! Sorry to hear about the fish that did not make it.. How much are you selling the Texas holey rock for? Your username on the forum sounds familiar. Pm me please.

Sent from my XT1060 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

HoleyRockofTex

CCA Members
Welcome to the forum! Sorry to hear about the fish that did not make it.. How much are you selling the Texas holey rock for? Your username on the forum sounds familiar. Pm me please.

Sent from my XT1060 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Thanks. A bunch of my fish made it and as expected some could not handle to stress. It is just an excuse to buy new ones lol.

pm sent. I was not sure if you had a minimum number of posted needed to pm but I was able to send it.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Welcome to the forum, David. What size tanks are you running right now? What Africans are/were you keeping?

HoleyRockofTex

CCA Members
I currently only have a 100, 75, 75, 40, 40, 40, 12 x 10, with several 20 gallons not step up as well as some 10 gallons and a 40.

I sold off most of my breeders and stock before the move but I currently have

Aulonocara Maulana "Bi-Color 500" (trio)
Cynotilapia axelrodi Nkhata Bay (trio)
Cynotilapia afra cobue (large group)
Cynotilapia afra white top (large group)
Haplochromis sp. "35" (1m /4-5 females)
Iodotropheus sprengerae ''Rusty'' (large group)
Labidochromis caeruleus Lion's Cove ''Yellow Lab'' (large group)
Labeotropheus trewavasae "Red Top" (medium group)
Metriaclima glaucos Kanjindo Rocks ''Flameback'' (young group)
Metriaclima sp. ''Mbweca'' (large group)
Pseudotropheus saulosi Taiwanee Reef (smaller group, bunch did not make it)

Julidochromis marlieri Magara (5 fish, breeding pair died)
Lamprologus' multifasciatus (2m/3f)
Steatocranus tinanti (2 pair)

Bristlenose plecos (several)
all exotic plecos did not make the move with my Otopharynx lithobates yellow blaze, and Cyathopharynx foai (Sibwesa)

Also left me L260 in Texas as well as my Pundamilia nyererei (Igombe Island)

I hope to get some new fish soon. I loved going to the auctions in Texas. When is the next auction here?

Reed

Very Fishe
Welcome to the forum. You definitely found the best cichlid forum and club. I looks like you have a nice stock list.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

MarkK

CCA Members
Welcome to the forum. Sure it was cold yesterday and today but the weekend should be a lot warmer. DC weather is very variable.

You kind of arrived during a lull period, with December meetings being more of the holiday party type thing.

CCA is obviously a Cichlid club that meets in Silver Spring, MD, but there is also PVAS (pvas.com) a general aquarium club that meets in Fairfax, VA.

January meetings usually have good mini-auctions due to having skipped December.

I have juvenile Tanganyikan's for sale or trade:

Neolamprologus leleupi
Julidochromis ornatus Congo Yellow
Julidochromis regani Kipili
Julidochromis transcriptus Bemba

I just transferred the leleuipi to my grow out tank, the others are still with their parents waiting for me to pull them out.

Again, welcome to the forum and hopefully welcome to the club!