• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

What's wrong with this?

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
In the spirit of the "Awesome craigslist Deals" thread, I thought this would be a good place to put ads where people don't really know what they have, and seem to think people won't know any better.

Very similar to the "deal" listed for a 150 gallon tank that ended up being a 55gallon, people seem to overestimate the sizes of their tanks.

JasonC

Members

dogofwar

CCA Members
Most random people who sell a tank on Craigslist (not the semi-pro tank flippers on here) paid retail (plus tax, no less) at Petco or Petsmart for these set-ups... which means that they likely have $300-400 sunk into a 55g, decorations, etc. Maybe more.

Trying to recover half or so probably seems reasonable to them.

Unfortunately, the rate of failure in our hobby is such that most people who buy tanks are motivated enough to rid themselves of them at great loss.

Matt

Becca

Members
Most random people who sell a tank on Craigslist (not the semi-pro tank flippers on here) paid retail (plus tax, no less) at Petco or Petsmart for these set-ups... which means that they likely have $300-400 sunk into a 55g, decorations, etc. Maybe more.

Trying to recover half or so probably seems reasonable to them.

Unfortunately, the rate of failure in our hobby is such that most people who buy tanks are motivated enough to rid themselves of them at great loss.

Matt

Agreed. I am setting up a new (used) tank and I actually bought some new items for it and began to understand why people think they should be able to get $250 for something that's worth more like $75.

That said, people should take a look at other listings before posting their own to get an idea of what others are selling things for.

Acpape0

Members
Agreed. I am setting up a new (used) tank and I actually bought some new items for it and began to understand why people think they should be able to get $250 for something that's worth more like $75.

That said, people should take a look at other listings before posting their own to get an idea of what others are selling things for.

+1 on checking the market .... $100 10 gallon setups always make me laugh

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app