• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

WTB: Cardinals

dhavalsp

Members
Has anyone bought stuff from http://www.freshwatertropicalfishonline.com/

any feedback? I am planning to order some cardinals for my tank and was wondering if anyone is interested in going dutch on shipping.

Also, any concerns regarding keeping cardinals in DC water, i have been told they dont do well? is this true?

Thanks,

Dhaval

b considine

a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude
I have not purchased from him, but he sells on Aquabid as Snookn21 and has only 4 negatives and over 1400 positives. So, I'd think he's reliable.

Blaise

Becca

Members
Read up on cardinal tetras before you buy and be prepared to lose some. Also, I think you have Discus... don't mix small cardinals with big discus, as bite-size fish may be eaten.

Localzoo

Board of Directors
Read up on cardinal tetras before you buy and be prepared to lose some. Also, I think you have Discus... don't mix small cardinals with big discus, as bite-size fish may be eaten.

I have had big guys eaten too...never under estimate a fish's mouth.

I've kept them in moco tap water no problem just gave up when I noticed the discus are still cichlids lol

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

dhavalsp

Members
Yup, planning to keep them with discus, from what i have read about this supplier his cardinals are on the bigger size, so hopefully they will be fine. Will definitely do more research.

Becca, i lost one of your pleco to Discus...just from pecking but other 2 thrived well.

Discus can be mean! and it hurts coz u dont expect it :( lol..

Frank Cowherd

Global Moderators
Staff member
Feed the tank well before introducing any fish that could be considered food. Once the cardinals are introduced and they get a chance to size up their tank mates, they have a better chance of developing defensive moves. A well fed discus will only half-heartedly go after the cardinals, and they may learn the cardinals are not food but room mates.

One other note, cardinals and neons are visible to humans and fish at night. So some sort of night light can allow them to see predators coming to eat them at night.