• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Need help identifying the African Cichlid

Learman12

Members
New to the site. I started an African Cichlid tank 3 mouths ago and filled it with haps and peacocks. I bought this Cichlid a couple of weeks ago and can't remember what kind it is. Thanks for any help.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1336440016.892384.jpg

It looks like a Placidochromis milomo (VC-10). But some characteristics are not quite right.

1. The dorsal and ventral fins are elongated and more pointed than normal for a VC-10.
2. VC-10 typically have 5 stripes between the operculum and the tail (including the spot on the caudal peduncle). The fish in the picture has 6 stripes.
3. The body profile is not as high as typical for a VC-10. It is more elongated than normal.

I think this is a P. milomo/ Aulonocara hybrid.

Andy

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
It looks like a Placidochromis milomo (VC-10). But some characteristics are not quite right.

1. The dorsal and ventral fins are elongated and more pointed than normal for a VC-10.
2. VC-10 typically have 5 stripes between the operculum and the tail (including the spot on the caudal peduncle). The fish in the picture has 6 stripes.
3. The body profile is not as high as typical for a VC-10. It is more elongated than normal.

I think this is a P. milomo/ Aulonocara hybrid.

Andy

Good eye, Andy.

The fin coloration is a bit off as well. Mine didn't have any yellow in their fins:

232323232%7Ffp53989%3Enu%3D34%3C7%3E846%3E257%3EWSNRCG%3D33%3C%3A6%3B%3C564348nu0mrj

Learman12

Members
I know the picture isn't the greatest this fish won't stay still for a good one and the yellow is coming from my rocks. After looking up VC-10 cichlids on the Internet it looks right. Thanks for the help.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app