• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

SUCTION CUPS

1badmarine

Anyone know where I can get some of those suction cup handles used to moved large glass? Might help with this 265 move

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Localzoo

Board of Directors
As seen on tv store in the mall they got the suction cup things used to help old folks out of the tub.(they suction onto tile so def might wrk for glass)

verbal

CCA Members
You can rent them for a reasonable amount. I got them from D&B rentals in Sterling when I was moving my 180. Another option that may help is using a hand truck.

Good to learn that you can use suction cups to lift a tank. Are they reliable to carry the tank or just to lift it up so you can hold on to the bottom.

1badmarine

Got them in today. Move my 110H with no problem. True test will come Thursday. 265 w/ 3/4" glass... Fingers crossed.

1badmarine

Okay, so the verdict is in. First off, the 265 is no regular tank. 3/4" glass on sides and 1" glass on the bottom. Solid wood canopy sealed to top of the tank. Easily over 500lbs. The handles worked, but they are only rated for 200lbs each and the tank was too much for them. We just used the handles as a leverage tool to get the tank off the stand.

Now the fun part will be getting the tank out of my garage and into the basement...

1badmarine

Thanks. I'll hit you up when I'm ready to move it to the basement. 7-11 workers do a great job of moving tanks... LOL