• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

WTB: Marine Aquarium Items

rich_one

Members
I know this is a freshwater cichlid forum, but since I acquired my saltwater items from this forum, I figured why not at least post the ad and see if anything comes of it. And so, looking for two or three SW aquarium items:

1. One 72" or two 36" marine lighting fixtures w/ actinic lights. Would love LEDs, but price is a consideration. Nothing expensive and fancy wanted.

2. One hang-on-back protein skimmer rated for a 125 gallon aquarium.

As noted above, I'm not interested in anything fancy and/or expensive. Just items that will get the job done, until I can upgrade each piece as needed. Would possibly be interested in another wave maker as well, if someone has one reasonably priced. Would also appreciate being pointed in the right direction as to where I might find this stuff. I am aware of WAMAs forum, and am still stumbling around on that forum.

Thanks for looking, and for any help that leads to me getting what I need! Please shoot me PMs!

-Rich

Thai

Members
I just gave away a 48" light capable of powering your tank... To James , maybe he's not using it

rich_one

Members
I just gave away a 48" light capable of powering your tank... To James , maybe he's not using it

Actually, we talked about that. I was concerned with it being 48" and my tank being 72". Should I not be concerned about that? If not, then I can talk to him and figure out how to hang it. Thanks, Thai!

-Rich

Thai

Members
It's 48" length but it's an very powerful light, you just need 2 new bulbs, it's like over 500 watts you'll be fine

rich_one

Members
Cool... I touched base with Jamie, and we are all squared away!

Still need the other stuff... thanks, Thai and Jamie!

-Rich

Acpape0

Members
Rich I have a line on another set up at a great price you could take most of the salt water stuff including live rock, livestock, skimmer and light and just sell the tank. It is a little to far for me to drive but it would be worth the trip for you

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

rich_one

Members
Rich I have a line on another set up at a great price you could take most of the salt water stuff including live rock, livestock, skimmer and light and just sell the tank. It is a little to far for me to drive but it would be worth the trip for you

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Adam, cool! Shoot me a pm or text me. Thanks, bro!

-Rich

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
Awesome!
I have a salinity measurer (I know there is a better name for it but i just cant remember) and a HOB that I used on my old saltwater tank.

rich_one

Members
Thanks, Adam... this is perfect! Reached out to him!

Dan, I have a refractometer... I'd be interested in the HOB, but my tank is a 125, so it may not be rated high enough... but I appreciate it, buddy!

-Rich

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
Thats the word for it :)
The HOB is rated for 75 gallons so you could add another one. I have a few smaller HOBs that would together (including the one rated for 75 gallons) could filter your tank.

rich_one

Members
No RO/DI filter. Honestly, I grabbed tap water, mixed in saltwater mix, and everyone is happy so far. From here on out, I'm using boxed seawater for water changes. Just simpler for me. And yeah... Thanks to Adam, I got a deal that allowed me to go big out the gate. Only a few fish right now as I master the rest of dealing with a saltwater tank. But maybe in a month or two, once I am satisfied I have everything stable, I'll start adding a few more fish and critters.

-Rich