• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Experience with air pumps

Leffler817

CCA Members
Depending on how many sponges, the whisper stuff is good value for your dollar, surprisingly the brand X pumps sold at Malwart are pretty decent and quiet too! But overall I love my Alita 6a with 12gang manifold.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

wsantia1

CCA Members
I have an Alita 15a that I got from Ken's Fish about a year ago. It can handle about 20 sponges depending on the depth of your tanks and is real quiet. i got it on sale for $105 bucks.

toddnbecka

Members
I've been using Whisper AP 300 dual-outlets for years now. Great pumps for deeper tanks, haven't had any problems with any of them.

golsama

Corresponding Secretary
I'm using a diaphragm air pump that I purchased from Jehmco. I run multiple sponge filters with it. I think I'm running 12 different devices with it and could run more with it if I needed to. It's been running for over 2 years without any issue and its practically silent. In fact, if it wasn't for the sponge filters making some noise and visibly moving the water I wouldn't know it was running.

HoleyRockofTex

CCA Members
I purchased a EcoPlus Commercial Air 5 for about 15 sponge filters. the pump was always really loud and it failed in under a year. i then purchased a Alita AL-60 Linear Air Pump and i could not be more pleased. the pump is extremely quiet. if i did not have to bleed air out you would not even be able to tell it was on. 1000 time better!!!!!

I purchased both from kens.