• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

2009 ACA Breeder of the year awards

After much delay for which I apologize. Here are the results for the 2009 ACA Breeder of the Year competition!!!!!
In All Species Aquarium Clubs First Place goes to
MINNESOTA AQUARIUM SOCIETY with 274 species!
Followed by
Greater Cincinnati with 91 species
Heart of America Aquarium Society, Kansas City with 51 species
Missouri Aquarium Society, Inc. 50 species
Milwaukee Aquarium Society 50 species
Greater Pittsburgh Aquarium Society Inc. 48 species
Michiana Aquarium Society 41 species
Durham Region Aquarium Society 15 species
Aquarium Club of Lancaster County 11 species
In Cichlid Only Clubs First place goes to:
THE OHIO CICHLID ASSOCIATION with 213 species!
Second goes to:
Hill Country Cichlid Club with 65 species
For individuals First Place goes to:
Dave Stewart of the Minnesota A.S. with 50 species!
Followed by:
Matt Miller of the Minnesota A.S. with 47 species
Dustin Brummitt of the OCA with 35 species
Jason Swanson of the Minnesota A.S. with 27 species
Todd Leising of the Greater Cincinnati A.S. with 25 species
Bob Randall of the Minnesota A.S. with 25 species
Bette Lowe of the Minnesota A.S. with 22 species
Ben Bauman of the Minnesota A.S. with 22 species
Scott Tetzlaff of the Michiana A.S. with 16 species
Tom Chronakos of the Minnesota A.S. with 15 species
Matt Bielski of the Michiana A.S. with 15 species
Rick Hallis of the OCA with 14 species
And myself Andy Hudson of the Milwaukee Aquarium Society with 14 species.
Congratulations to all the winning clubs and individuals and thanks for everyone that participated. I look forward to seeing your entries for the 2010 competition soon!
Andy Hudson
ACA Club Liaison

BAP is great for me. I am just the opposite. I get bored with fish too quickly and need to move them out for new ones. Although I almost never buy adult fish. I prefer to grow up fry.

Andy

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Hey Andy -

Why are the results from 2009 instead of 2010? Does a year of the competition span the calendar year or some other period? I know we've done some pretty hearty breeding here in CCA....

The results were the results of BAP points earned in 2009. Each club needed to send the results to the ACA club liaison by the end of February 2010 (it wasn't me). The Club liaison was then to tabulate the results, prepare the certificates, and post them. Unfortunately that didn't happen until I became club Liaison this month and got it done (actually Ted Judy had it all tabulated I just needed to print everything and post it).

The 2010 contest results will be much more timely. CCA didn't participate in 2009. Are you guys going to participate in 2010? If so have your BAP chair PM me their email address and I will send them the information packet.
Andy

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
The results were the results of BAP points earned in 2009. Each club needed to send the results to the ACA club liaison by the end of February 2010 (it wasn't me). The Club liaison was then to tabulate the results, prepare the certificates, and post them. Unfortunately that didn't happen until I became club Liaison this month and got it done (actually Ted Judy had it all tabulated I just needed to print everything and post it).

The 2010 contest results will be much more timely. CCA didn't participate in 2009. Are you guys going to participate in 2010? If so have your BAP chair PM me their email address and I will send them the information packet.
Andy

Sarah Roberts (longstockings) is the BAP chair, but I'd be willing to help fill out the paperwork. I'm one of the BAP committee members. I'll talk to her.

Thanks Andy.