• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Underwater African Dwarf Frog

Malawimania

Members
I just bought one of these guys at the store. It's an albino with a ton of personality, just worried my haps and peacocks might munch on him. Does anyone have Underwater African Frogs with African Cichlids?

-Steve

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Never tried it; figured that the the cichlids would mess with him. Sounds like it's working out well though. Not sure how big your cichlids are, but I know that they will eat fish small enough to be food.

Good luck. :)

msjinkzd

invert junkie
just as an FYI, its most likely you have an African Clawed Frog, nto an African Dwarf Frog. Most ADF's are not available in albino form. ACF's, however, get much larger and are much more predatory. Might want to do some googling to see what you have, its pretty easy to tell from their feet (and eventual size as adfs stay tiny, around 1-1.5" and acf's get 4"+).

msjinkzd

invert junkie
a lot of time acf's are sold as albino dwarf frogs, you have to look at their feet to know for sure. They look pretty identical otherwise when young.

African dwarf frog (note the webbingon the front feet)
images

African clawed frog :
test.jpg