• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

An awesome fishy weekend

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
This weekend has been one fish thing after another for me.
On saturday all the tanks in the fish room (except for the siquia tank so i dont harm the wigglers) got 50% water changes and after that I stopped by Holly's and got some aquaclears, fluval 205, 10 gallon tank, a 4 bulb t5 with a built in timer, powerhead, and 2 awesome pieces of driftwood for the incredible price of free. One of the aquaclears had a leak but Im still incredibly pleased. Its not every day you get to meet someone so generous and helpful. The light needed a new ballast but Greg (Manager of congressional) was nice enough to fix it for just the price of the new ballast. He thinks its more fun to take apart a light than to clean tanks anyway.

And today I stopped by Matt's (dogofwar) to pick up some fish that Zach was dropping off and get some fish from Matt. It was really cool to see Matt's fish room. Right when I walked in there were chanchitos, amatitlania, and cichlasoma everywere!The room was not that big but matt has found a way to squeeze a tank into every little spot available. I also got some increible gymnogeophagus rabdotus from Zach and some nice neetropolus from Matt. After that We went to petco to take advantage of the $1 per gallon sale and picked up a new 40b and 2 20 highs.

It was not only fun but I learned a few things:
A 40b breeder wont fit in my dads trunk but 2 20 highs can
toy army men dont make bad sump media
matt is good at fitting lots tanks into a small space
aquaclears are awesome filters
and Holly really knows how to aquascape a tank
Matt is very good at stuffing tanks into a small room.

dogofwar

CCA Members
Awesome to have you and your dad (and Zach) over! In the small world of Gymnogeos, the ones you got from Zach got to re-visit their birthplace (for a minute).

As tight as my fishroom is now, it pales in comparison to the previous one...

Picked up some nice G. tiriparae "Rio Yi" and G. australis from Zach.

Matt

Thanks guys! :)

And you're very welcome, Dan. Glad the light worked out for you!

I had a good fish weekend, too. I bought a new stand for my 29 and drained much of the water and removed the rocks and wood and moved the tank onto the new stand (always a bit tricky) in the spot where my 40 breeder was. Then refilled and rescaped. I'm VERY happy with how it turned out. It has my benga babies and lucippinis babies from Christine.

newtank.jpg