• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Yellow Labs help...

NYfan78

Members
I just bought 3 yellow labs for my 55gal. Its got crushed coral and texas holey rock in there. I added the fish to the tank after floating them for 15 minutes. They where all swimming around and now they are all behind the holey rock. Is this normal. Water temp is kept at 79-80 degrees. Water parameters are good. Any ideas?

chris_todd

Members
They're probably just a little stressed. All the fish in my 65g Malawi setup will hide behind rocks, PVC caves, etc. whenever they get startled. I'm hardly the most experienced cichlid keeper here (so folks, correct me if I'm wrong), but I wouldn't be too worried about it. You'll need to wait for the tank to cycle before adding more fish, and test regularly for ammonia and nitrite.

F8LBITE

Members
thats what fish do when they are scared or not used to a tank. I say turn the lights off and leave them alone. Let them settle in. Is this a brand new tank? Is it cycled?

NYfan78

Members
oh yeah the tank is cycled. i had cons in it before and left it running after i sold them all. and add crushed coral and all