• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Wanted: Demasoni

zackcrack00

Members
Hey guys, I only have 8 juvies, and desperately need more. It seems no one currently has any for sale. I am willing to get them at ANY size over 1", even adults. PLEASE help me out here. I am on a budget, and can't pay much. Even if you only have one, I'll take it. (As long as it's not a KNOWN male)

-Zack

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Hey Zack,

Unfortunately, in most cases, failed groups result in one fish left... always a rough male. I have one.. wanna guess the sex? ;)

Try PM'ing Wendyfish. Her and her husband breed them and they are in Reston, I think.

Cheers.

zackcrack00

Members
Hey Zack,

Unfortunately, in most cases, failed groups result in one fish left... always a rough male. I have one.. wanna guess the sex? ;)

Try PM'ing Wendyfish. Her and her husband breed them and they are in Reston, I think.

Cheers.

I did. None for sale at this moment. And Jon, yes, I seriously need some!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I tried talking him into white tail acei instead, as they look similar but are not psychopaths. he didn't go for that, alas. So Zack is in for more than a few fish funerals, I'm afraid . . . :wacko:

zackcrack00

Members
Yeah, because why would someone new to the hobby ever take the advice of someone who had been keeping Africans for years....

That's just silly. :rolleyes:

Haha. You guys know I respect you, but I REALLY like these guys. Wanted them for a while now. :)

WendyFish

Members
I will probably be back into stock later in the year. I just curtailed my breeding activities significantly due to moving.

verbal

CCA Members
Did you check with Frank Cowherd? He had them on his list for a while.

Is anyone else putting together a group? Maybe you can work out a deal where they get your juvies and you get some fry down the road, so you can get a group big enough to give you a good chance of success.

Frank Cowherd

Global Moderators
Staff member
I do have a lot of demasoni young in the 1/2 inch to 2 or 2.5 inch range. If you want a reproducing group of these, you need to set up a fairly large tank (30 gallon minimum, IMO) with a ton of hiding places. It is best to start out with a large number of young and grow them out. If you have lots of hiding places, you will see young fish in a few months (4 to 6 months). You can use rocks or wood or combinations of these for hiding places. I use PVC piping and elbows of various lengths and diameters which cover the bottom of the tank and some on top of those. I have a couple sponge filters and usually see the fry hanging around these sponges and close to a hiding place.

The males still fight each other and chase the females but no deaths probably because there are more hiding places than the number of fish, maybe like twice the number of hiding places as fish, of course, once you start getting young, more hiding places are needed.

PM me if you are interested in getting demasoni.