• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

So I have this 90g that I've been trying to setup for about 2 years...

Diogenes

Members
So for my bday (Sept) 2 years ago I got a reef ready 90 with stand. I then picked up a 30g used tank from an LFS to use as a sump. i bought a protein skimmer, and a mag 9.5 return pump. I designed a sumpfugium and had glass cut for the baffles. I reinforced the stand to hold the weight of the sump. I bought a reef test kit and an RO/DI. I bought 60 lbs of dead rock.

I went to set the tank up, and discovered water damage in the finished basement under the floor boards where the tank was going.

I called the management company, it took them a year to fix it. We found out we're going to have a baby. I started working crazy hours at a hospital rather than doing home care. Suddenly it's the end of June.

My father-in-law comes over to help with the baby room, and I show him the tank. He used to keep tanks, so he offers to help. We begin working on the sump.

We break the body of the protein skimmer right off the bat in like 30 seconds.

Now I have all this stuff just sitting around again and no cash to run out and buy another 300$ skimmer in addition to live rock and stock. I wander into TFW (RIP) this AM and pick up an Amiracle wet-dry. All i need to do is plumb it and I've got a freshwater tank. I'm looking at TUIC and drooling!

Here are my questions:

1. Will all this stuff combine to make a 90 fresh tank that works? Can you guys walk me through the plumbing if need be?

2. What would you stock a 90g with?

3. And assuming I do this, what do I put in the 30g I've got laying around extra?

Last edited: