• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Bricks with holes?

Localzoo

Board of Directors
I've been using bamboo from the yard. I've shared some with fellow members
It's awesome to see things that are out of the ordinary being used.

Any pics of the bricks?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1450893719.655940.jpg

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Matt - That isn't a standard brick size in the US. Most domestically are 3 5/8" x 3 5/8" x 7 5/8". The ones you have pictured are deeper. As Nicholas said, domestic products usually have only 6 holes.

Locally, York Masonry (http://www.yorkbuilding.com/) has a location in Frederick.

dogofwar

CCA Members
Yeah - definitely non-standard for around here :)

These are taller and deeper. Wonder if there's a stash of them somewhere here in the area...

Matt

Matt - That isn't a standard brick size in the US. Most domestically are 3 5/8" x 3 5/8" x 7 5/8". The ones you have pictured are deeper. As Nicholas said, domestic products usually have only 6 holes.

Locally, York Masonry (http://www.yorkbuilding.com/) has a location in Frederick.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I am sure you could get a masonry plant to custom fabricate them, but that likely would not be cost effective.

Maybe someone like Nancy at South Central Cichlids could make some out of clay?

FishEggs

The other factor is what size diameter those holes are. Ive worked with some commercial bricks that are larger than the usual house brick and they have lots of holes but i think they are only 5/8" diameter.

dogofwar

CCA Members
The irony here is that Felipe is using scrap building material as his decor :)

All of his tanks / tubs use dump filters made out of either buckets or (what look like) antifreeze bottles (with plastic burlap as the media).

Matt

FishEggs

3 hours later you have a brick that cost you $20 in printer material and unfortunately floats. :lol:

chriscoli

Administrator
3 hours later you have a brick that cost you $20 in printer material and unfortunately floats. :lol:

Yes, if you stop with just that, but there are more materials available (maybe not in a home printer, there's food grade ceramic at shapeways) and more possibilities all the time....and I wouldn't leave it just 'brick shaped'

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app