• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Hose leak fix?

Woke up this morning to water everywhere. I found a small puncture in the pressure hose from my canister. I am suprized because it's only 2 weeks old. I believe my darn cat is the culprit.

Has anyone ever plugged a small puncture or slice in their hose. Mine is the fluval black ribbed kind. My first thought was to just cut the hose right at the puncture and insert a junction piece. Although finding a conector to match the ID of the hose might be a fun search around town.

I don't know what I would do without my secondary filter, thank god!

Any ideas?

mchambers

Former CCA member
I'd be tempted to just get replacement tubing, although I don't have any Fluval filters, so don't know if you can use generic.

Yeah I will replace it. I am thinking temporary. I can't buy anything untill the 19th when I get paid. So I was trying to make something. I guess I could just use the smaller filter for the nxt 2 weeks untill I can replace the part. Maby do a little bit of fish fasting too

The hose has unusual dimensions. I measured 11/16 ID 7/8 OD. I might buy generic hose and try to make that work.

Would it be best to use silicone ?

Jt731

Members
Both my fluvals use the clear flexible tubing you buy at home depot with no issues. Anything is an improvement over the cheap plastic of the fluval tubing

E: hose clamps don't work very well with that fluval tubing

Last edited:
I'm going to have to buy some of that stuff.

I got excited for a moment when I realized both of my filters are fluval. So I could just unhook one quick release and put the bigger filter on the other tubing that's already set up.

But no.... different size tubing... between the 206 and 406.

I thnk this tubing is the one thing I don't like about these filters. Everything else seems to be great.

Jt731

Members
I have a 406 with tubing I bought from Home Depot. Unfortunately I checkdd my tube bin and I've used all of it. But you may want to stop on way home, it's pretty cheap

JLW

CCA Members
How long a length of tube do you need? I might have some spare... though I'm in Northern Silver Spring.

Gas here and back might be more than the tubing. :)

FishEggs

Ya don't have duck tape? According to Red Green it's the handyman's fix everything. It's not under much pressure so in a pinch it would probably work for a few days. I dont have the fluvals but i used the clear vinyl tubing from HomeDepot for a little eheim i have. It was only ~ $9.00 for 20ft of the 1/2in ID tubing.

Yeah i think gas would be more or equivilant to the tubing JLW thank you though.

I have duct tape but the tubing is ribbed so I don't want to risk more water spilling out. I will be buying some replacement tubing on my next paycheck fish eggs

Broke as a joke ahhh good think I have a backup filter