• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Cat-Proofing aquarium hoses

Reed

Very Fishe
Good idea. You may want to try the products they make for computer cable management. They are just tubing that encloses all your wires

Veryfishe.com

yea i might eventually upgra,de to the corrigated plastic but as of now this cardboard works just as well and its free ( atleast if you order everything else for your tank online, witch i asume everyone dose)

Localzoo

Board of Directors
You can try the stuff used for getting kids to stop sucking their thumbs. It comes in a nail polish tube tastes pretty bitter.

Use black pepper or cayenne pepper attached to the cardboard you used.maybe the smell might deter them.

The idea is to deter/train them to stop. So that eventually they don't even want to mess with it.

My mom used cinnamon to get one of our puppies to stop chewing on the leg of a table... She tied whole sticks to the bottom. After she did that he didn't even try it once - I think the smell alone deterred him.

Different solution for different animals.
Our dogs and one cat we ever owned did well with deflecting/ deferring behavior with toys or other items. But never items similar to the item you don't want them to stop chewing

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

JLW

CCA Members
As a better suggestion, consider replacing the current existing cat with a dog.

JasonC

Members
So glad I was not the only one thinking that.. Lol!

Sent from my SM-G900V using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

chriscoli

Administrator
Okay....so it's late, and I'm tired, and I read the title of the thread too fast....I thought it said "cat pooping aquarium hoses"....I need to go to bed.