• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Proper multitask rack

Jt731

Members
So the lab in the apartment above me has driven me bonkers enough to move, and looking to be a townhouse.

I currently have around 12 tanks, from a few fluval spec up to a 40 gallon. In the end, I want to have a combo of 20long and 40b. I have an aelita air pump, so most will get sponge or mattenfilters.

I have quite a few breeds of rainbow fish to keep seperate, so I kind of need a good number of tanks and 10s are mostly too small. I also need at least two for African cichlids, but one is she'll dwellers so can be small

What are people's thoughts? Thanks in advance

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I think a custom, 2x4 rack would be the best bet if you are going to try to keep different width tanks.

JLW

CCA Members
If you were to go with a drilled, flow through system, you'd definitely save a lot of hassle. However.... One of the dangers of breeding closely related fishes in the same system is that fry can, and do, meander between them. You can wind up with hybrids this way.