• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Petsmart $1 sale

thedavidzoo

Members
Don't know about you guys, but I haven't had much luck with Petsmart's tetras. They all seem to die prematurely. Do they have that mysterious "neon disease"? Not to mention the ich infestations that I usually encounter in several tanks at Petsmart. Quarantine!!!!

MonteSS

Members
I have had really good luck with my petsmart. Beautiful healthy fish. I guess it depends on each store.

I have bought over the years...

Female con
Female JD
Emerald Cories
Clown loach
Black skirt tetras
Buenos Aires tetras
Columbian tetras
Lemon tetras
Neons
Black neons.

...Bill

hotwingz

Members
Ya ive had decent luck there. I think my entire community tank is from there. And mostly tetras! And mine are all healthy and kickin good color active. Im happy with them.

Sent from my PG86100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

londonloco

Members
Never had luck with Petsmart fish, but there is a Petco in Dale City VA that actually has some knowledgeable people, tanks are always clean, no dead fish floating around in their tanks. They actually ask you questions before they scoop out fish for you, like size of tank, how long it's been set up, other tank mates. Kinda nice.....

Leffler817

CCA Members
It must depend on the store. I have had lots of luck with petco but not petsmart. The closest petco to me is in Annapolis but the two closer petsmarts are gross. Both have only 6 tanks for cichlids and not too many smart peeps working there. :(

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I agree with most folks that it depends on the store. The Pesci near me is terrible but petsmart is pretty good. I picked up my group of clown loaches during one of their sales a couple years ago and they are still going strong.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

rich_one

Members
I've had pretty good luck with our local Petsmart, and so-so luck with Petco (I did once get some very nice zebra loaches from Petco though).

-Rich

samsmobb

Members
I work at germantown petsmart and I'd say mine is probably a beyter one than the rest. My dept manager is a tropical fish magazine speaker or something very knowledgeable and owns 50+ tanks.
Most time managers don't know much b.c they just working yp their management titles to become a store manager.

Another thing is I also ask tank size, whether its established etc if ppl seems to over due it. Guess i see some of you life that /ol always thought people got annoyed but theyd thank me later lol.

samsmobb

Members
I work at germantown petsmart and I'd say mine is probably a beyter one than the rest. My dept manager is a tropical fish magazine speaker or something very knowledgeable and owns 50+ tanks.
Most time managers don't know much b.c they just working yp their management titles to become a store manager.

Another thing is I also ask tank size, whether its established etc if ppl seems to over due it. Guess i see some of you life that /ol always thought people got annoyed but theyd thank me later lol.

turfboss

Members
Although I have never personally bought any fish from the PetSmart here in Glen Burnie the fish tanks are clean and the ppl can answer some questions - the store in Pasadena is also well kept - no dead fish - and the folks there are a bit more knowledgeable. HOT is a better place to get answers - obviously - although not always the correct ones - but they don't have any $1 sales that I have seen.

Aluetkids

Members
out here our Petsmart is the best option we have. then the next best option is Walmart of all places, and petco is at the bottom of the barrel. the only thing i trust them with is supplies because really how can they screw up "take off shipping pallet and put on shelf"?

Every single time i have gotten fish from our petco they die or worse die and then everything else in the tank mysteriously starts dying after that...even after being placed in a quarantine tank!