• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

WTB Betta

cabinetmkr39

DavidG / CCA Member
Not trying to be rude, But I'm looking for someone breeding Betta. Commercially grown ones are usually older fish. And are readily available .

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
Oddly enough, Petco (at least the one in Germantown) carries an assortment of different betta forms. In addition, they carry baby bettas.

Sent from my VS985 4G using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Becca

Members
Not trying to be rude, But I'm looking for someone breeding Betta. Commercially grown ones are usually older fish. And are readily available .

Josh at Batfish does breed some of his varieties and also gets young from local folks who breed them. Personally, I've obtained some young bettas through local breeders and found that the ones from Batfish are more robust and lived longer.

There are some members of CCA and PVAS who do breed bettas, but not normally Betta splendens. Usually they're breeding one of the wild types.

JLW

CCA Members
If you're just looking for "splendens", yea, mine are all imports -- it's not a fish I work with personally (except by accident, frequently :) If you're looking for ones with good lineage and all that, definitely check out MOBB. I can get you good, high quality Betta "splendens," even show quality, but they're not going to be locally bred. :)