• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Gymnogeophagus

Hicgup

Members
I was in the store recently and saw some Gymnogeophagus Rio Olimar and maybe Yerbalito. I was wondering if it is known whether they were imports from Uruguay (F0) or farm raised?
Thanks.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I would assume they are farm raised. Spencer Jack brought back breeders years ago and has been supplying the wholesale market. Plus, they are relatively affordable, which would further support that they are farm raised.

Hicgup

Members
They were at H.O.T., they were very nicely priced so yes probably domestic fish. They were also very nice size fish, especially for the price. It would be nice if a Fl farm is raising several species of Geos and Gymnogeos as they are sort of a "specialty" fish, at least for now.

longstocking

Members
They have tons of them... and yes they are all TR. You really have to look through ALL the tanks to find them all... as they are spread out in each isle. The only places they are not ... is salt water and in the african section.