• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

125 Kitchen Build

Thai

Members
With Roger (sicklid's) help I brought home yet another tank I don't need, this one will incorporate plants inside and out as my wife keeps a lot of orchids in our kitchen, I want to make it flow with the plants I'll add inside and finally give her the discus she's been wanting. I'll start cleaning up the tank and stand and paint the back this weekend. Stay tuned!

image.jpg

Siklid

Members
Like I said, you have to have a colorful ceramic chicken. Also, thanks a lot for the castle - now I have to look at at the &$@"/!?ing thing for the next ten years!

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Cbaker

Members
Anubias,

This is a very nice tank. I have been looking for one like that. Let me know if you would like to sell it. lol. I have a 90 with canopy that i would like to upgrade.

Becca

Members
So when your wife said she wanted Discus, did she say "I want Discus" or "I want a new tank with Discus"?

I have a feeling the Discus might be for your wife, but the tank...

JasonC

Members
So when your wife said she wanted Discus, did she say "I want Discus" or "I want a new tank with Discus"?

I think this falls under the age-old rule of "for every project, there needs to be a new tool..." The appropriate corollary is something like "for every fish project, there needs to be a new tank, filter, lights, substrate, plants, heater, CO2 rig, Auto water change system...etc"

Yeah.. think that's about right.. ;P

Becca

Members
I think this falls under the age-old rule of "for every project, there needs to be a new tool..." The appropriate corollary is something like "for every fish project, there needs to be a new tank, filter, lights, substrate, plants, heater, CO2 rig, Auto water change system...etc"

So would someone please tell my husband this? He has several "breeding" projects in the 150 and won't let me separate them out into new tanks so that the eggs don't get eaten.

Thai

Members

Bingo! Becca I have the most understanding wife when it comes to personal projects. She was a but skeptical that I went out and got a new tank because she mentioned she liked discus and wanted some but she's going with it! At the end of the day she'll get some nice friendly fish to look at and I'll have a new tank to convert down the road!

Siklid

Members
But Thai, the more I think about it, the more I realize that your new Discus Kingdom would not be complete without a castle.

If anyone is wondering - Thai's new, I mean his wife's new tank was a steal and a great tank.

Thai

Members
Started working on the tank today finally!

Painted the back black and have the stand and canopy a fresh stain

lkelly

Members

With my wife, it's more "discuss" when it comes the topic of a new tank.

Check that, it's actually "disgust."