• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

June 28 CCY Meeting - Yours Truly on Collecting in Uruguay

dogofwar

CCA Members
I'm honored that John and the CCY crew have invited me back to share my experiences on collecting in Uruguay for their June 28 meeting.

I'm going to make some changes to the program that I debuted at CCA a few weeks ago, so there will be some nice new stuff to see and hear about.

CCY puts on really fun monthly meetings :)

If anyone wants to carpool to the meeting, let me know. A few folks have shown interest in heading up. Let's show them some support!

Matt

johnscottant

Members
Matt%20flyer.jpg

Looking forward to seeing you Matt!!!

blkmjk

Members
Wish I could make it but I have a birthday party to attend if I'm not mistaken.

Scott I need to send you some pictures of your Dovii keeper I have this guy is beastly. How is everything else holding up?

Drew

JasonC

Members
Would like to try to come..think it's going to depend on the situation on the ground here at the homefront closer to game time.

Sent from my SM-G900V using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

johnscottant

Members
We are giving out goodie bags to all the men that come out in celebration of fathers day. Included in the bags will be baseball caps, cigars and other cool stuff

dogofwar

CCA Members
Hope to see some CCA folks at the CCY meeting today!

I'm bringing some donations to support the club... some CARES, some Wild Uruguay, some other cool stuff:

1. 6 x Stomatepia pindu - CARES Barombi-Mbo, Cameroon Mouthbrooders - I call them Darth Vader fish because they're black and have a long jaw
  2. 1 Wild Show Male Crenicichla cf. saxatilis "Rio Cureim" - gorgeous sparkly pike - I just need to make space. Not a fish that you will EVER find on a fish list...
  3. 4 Wild Unidentified Corydoras sp. from Rio Tacuarembo, Uruguay (Ansina). Collected last trip and not in the hobby. Felipe ID'd males and females in the group.
  4. 1 F1 Hericthys carpintis "Rio Honda" - gorgeous sparkly blue show fish...just need to make room
  5. Likely pair Ptychochromis sp. "Tarantsy" - uber-rare CARES fish from Madagascar. Like Nossibees except reddish brown and gold. Awesome fish that I'm paying forward from a prior CARES fish swap.
  6. Pair + 2 extras Cryptoheros siquia "Rio Grande de Mategalpa, Nicaragua" - really nice orange-bellied "con" from wild pair from Jeff Rapps' only ever import of these.
  7. 4 F2 Neetroplus nematopus "Lago Nicaragua" - From F1 Jeff Rapps stock. The mighty Neet is gray and black when not spawning and black with a white strip when spawning. A really fun Central American that doesn't get big.
Matt

dogofwar

CCA Members
Big thanks to Christine, Andrew and Josh who made it to the CCY meeting.

It was a blast and a nice crowd! Christine made some AWESOME donations as well...

Thanks to CCY for having me and being such great hosts!

Matt

johnscottant

Members
We thank you Matt for your great presentation! Christine...Wow! Thanks so much for the amazing cichlids and for all you donated. We will be sending you something on behalf of the CCY real soon. Thanks to all the CCA who came out. We really appreciate it!

dogofwar

CCA Members
Thanks again, Scott - CCY is a growing and vibrant club. In addition to CCY folks, we had folks from Bucks County, ACLC, CCA (of course) and some new folks too, I think!

I put the top down on my car for the drive back to MD and felt a little warm on the back of my head. As luck would have it, I had a nice new hat from my CCY goodie bag :)

Please start a thread about your July 12 collecting trip. I'd be all over it except that's the same time as the ACA convention in Louisville.

Cheers,
Matt