• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Looking for dark gray substrate

danger_chicken

Swim Fishy Swim!
I'm looking for a dark gray substrate. Soilmaster Select charcoal was prefect but they don't make it anymore. I tried it's replacement Turface Pro League but the color washed off when cleaning it. 3M's Gray is too blue and not dark enough. 3M's Smoke turns to a light gray underwater. I found something close used for Model Trains but it's $5 for less than a pound. It'd cost $400 to fill my tank.

Any ideas on what I can use to get a similar color? I'd rather have a sand but will deal with gravel size pieces. Slate chips would work if I could get them smaller enough. Here's pic's of the model train stuff, it's roughly the color I want.

ehobbies-com_2075_22026946.jpg

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
Try the Lesco in Silver Spring for the SMS. I got two bags their not two long ago. If you use the lesco site they have a update inventory for every store.

Posted via mobile.capitalcichlids.org

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
That looks exactly like the Flourite Onyx I Have in my planted tank. I'm not sure if it's too coarse though...

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
21 bags at the Lesco in Elkridge (410)379-6986

23 bags at the Lesco in Millersville (410)923-1486

Good hunting call ahead. If you find it I expect a reward:)

danger_chicken

Swim Fishy Swim!
21 bags at the Lesco in Elkridge (410)379-6986

23 bags at the Lesco in Millersville (410)923-1486

Good hunting call ahead. If you find it I expect a reward:)
lol if they have it I'll give you one. I heard they didn't make it anymore. I went to the frederick store to get the turface and they had some SMS but it was green. The guy said they stopped carrying it when John Deere took over. I'll check them out thanks.

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
I already have an unopened bag but thanks away. When I google searched Lesco Soilmaster Select the first link was from the Lesco site with the up to date inventory.