• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Amazon sword bud

Localzoo

Board of Directors
Not trying to hijack but mine has started to bud also. Would love to compare pics, got anymore? How long did it take to flower? Do they last long?

Josh said mine might be caused by stress - hopefully that's not the case but here it is.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1442335524.278004.jpg

Jt731

Members
Over a month later and the first is going strong. Maybe two feet out of the water. Lot of the flowers have blackened but a few are white. I don't do anything to the flowers. Second plant has budded as well, maybe two weeks since I noted the bud till it started flowering?

E: wish I knew why they upload sideways

E2: another bud growing just below the surface as well

image.jpg

Last edited:

Localzoo

Board of Directors
Over a month later and the first is going strong. Maybe two feet out of the water. Lot of the flowers have blackened but a few are white. I don't do anything to the flowers. Second plant has budded as well, maybe two weeks since I noted the bud till it started flowering?

E: wish I knew why they upload sideways

E2: another bud growing just below the surface as well

Sweet! I'm excited to see the flowers they look like a weird, wanna be orchid lol.

As for the pics I think if your using your phone it might just upload them the way the camera/phone was oriented...not 100% sure but that's what happens to me

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Jt731

Members
Ok, I think I have it figured out. One of my other big leafy plants budded, and it occurred after my co2 tank ran out. Same thing happened with the Amazon buds

image.jpg

CSnyder00

Bearded Wonder
Generally you do not want your plants to flower. When your herbs flower, you are supposed to cut the buds off to stop it so the plant keeps putting energy towards the base.