• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

WTB African Cichlids

kkober

Members
I know this is a generalized post however I have always kept angelfish and other type of non aggressive community fish -

But I'm getting bored with these guys I'm in the market for something else that will color up but also possibly breed.
The tank they will be residing in is a 55 and water from the tap is 7.6 -7.8 ph. So I would like to stick with something that I do not have to alter my water around.

Any tips or offers are greatly appreciated - let me know what ya got!

Localzoo

Board of Directors
I've got jewel cichlids they will be very interesting (to say the least) and will readily breed...erg should I say, like rabbits.
I also have 4 white top hara sometimes referred to blue reef or gallireya reef cichlids (not sure on sex)
I've also got tons of yellow lab fry
9D41E3EA-6E2D-4C23-A7D8-A66AABE39801.jpg
[/URL][/IMG] lab fry papa
3A5114CB-DC2C-4C47-96BB-8B815E663E8E.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]actual jewels

Jewels papa
B1C4FF25-BC2E-452E-8454-BB83C5136CA1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

You can do a lot with a 55. You could do a Mbuna group, a breeding colony of a peacock, possibly with multiple males depending on the species, or a mild mannered all male tank if you're careful

Jewels are great fish with lots of color and you dont have to worry about having to upgrade to a larger tank within the next few months....

npbarca

Members
I will have about 60 chitande type masinje peacocks by the end of the summer, and 30 Phenochilus Tanzania by end of September. Let me know.

toddnbecka

Members
I have a dozen Victorian rock kribs grown out to spawning size now, though still showing juvie/female colors. About the same general activity/aggression as yellow Lab's (on the mild end of the scale for Africans) and they mix well with mbuna.
Adult male colors:

Juvies in a 75, little bigger now: