• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Anyone try YFS food?

Aqua410

Members
I just ordered 4 bags of food from YFS. Anyone here tried there foods before? I ordered two bags of their soft pellets in the ongoing chore of trying to get my GT to eat pellets. Anything hard he immediately spits out even meal worms and mostly will only eat night crawlers. I'm going to attempt to mush some of the soft pellets into a worm shape and see if he will go for it.

I usually can trick him into grabbing pellets by showing him a worm through the the glass and getting him all excited then tossing a pellet in, but he spits them out. If I just drop them in without doing that he won't even acknowledge them at all. Hopefully I can do the bait and switch tactic and get some different nutrition in him soon because it's been a month straight of worms and crickets only.

Aqua410

Members
Good to hear, I'm hoping that this will be the food that gets the GT over to pellets. I want to see him getting a balanced diet soon. As a backup plan in the event that the soft pellets don't entice him, they make an earthworm based pellet that might trigger him to feed. I got both varieties of the soft pellet along with the earthworm and I think the regular cichlid pellet.

xny89

Administrator
Staff member
Been using YFS spirulina soft pellets, veggie wafers, color flake and veggie flake for my mbuna tank,, and for my other tank, angels, krebensis, rams, rainbow cichlids, for several years now and they love it and look wonderful.

dogofwar

CCA Members
Been using yfs food for years. Great stuff and great folks!

You might add some giant danios or the like w your green terror. Seeing them eat could stimulate yours. If it were me, I'd just not feed the gt for a week. He will get hungry and eat anything...

Matt