• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Need to borrow a stand

Greengirl

Members
I have to move my 55 gallon tank from it's surface and out of the way. My building is replacing the fan coil units and my tank is right where the action is. Does someone have a 55 gallon tank stand I can borrow for one week while the construction workers do their thing? I need it by next weekend.

Localzoo

Board of Directors
I have one Im trying to sell. You can borrow it but wifey might kill me if it comes back lol

If you wanted to trade anything for it that wrks too.

Or you can borrow it, but In return you have to sell it??? Lol just a thought

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

dogofwar

CCA Members
Alexandra - you could also just get some concrete blocks and a piece of plywood to make a temporary stand. Probably < $10, depending how tall you want it to be....but it will get the tank off of the ground so you can do water changes...

Matt

Greengirl

Members
I have one Im trying to sell. You can borrow it but wifey might kill me if it comes back lol

If you wanted to trade anything for it that wrks too.

Or you can borrow it, but In return you have to sell it??? Lol just a thought

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

That would be great if I could borrow it. And what were you looking for if I found someone to buy it? If you just want it gone I know others in need of a stand that can't afford a new one.

Greengirl

Members
I don't know who would buy it for that price. I hate to say it but my friends are on the cheaper side. If you can just lend it to me next weekend for a week I will return it in excellent condition. I will transport it myself.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
I've got a metal one you can borrow if you can pick it up and return it. :)

JLW

CCA Members
Will, a brand new aquarium stand, depending on material, for a 55-gallon, ranges in price from about $90 (iron) to $150 ("nice" wood), with some high end ones being a bit more (fancy schmancy ones).

You can buy a used tank, with a stand, usually the rest of the set-up (filters, heaters, etc.) for $100 or so. (See: http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/for/4362082296.html -- there's someone selling a 55-gallon tank, stand, and canopy for $150).

I wouldn't try for more than about $20 among fish geeks for a stand. :) Maybe $50 if you put it up on CL or other sites, and it is a nice one, and it is in good shape.

JLW

CCA Members
If you put it on the floor, you gotta pick it up off the floor. Hard to deadlift a tank from the floor. :)