• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

DIY drlling tanks - an offer.

mab

Members
As some of you know I'm in the process of re-building the Restazonia fish room. I'm nearly done with the assembly of a 13' 39 tank 570 gallon rack.

I plan on renting a glass drill from JEHMCO. I will have it for seven days. WIll obviously have it over a weekend - either this or the next. If anyone is interested in drilling tanks within this window I'm inviting you to come to Reston with your tanks for drilling - DIY with your own bit. There are multiple sources for bits.

Here is the JEHMCO write-up about the rig: "Glass Drilling Machines: Machines designed specifically for drilling glass with diamond core bits. Utilizes a locking suction cup base for accurate steady positioning. Bring the machine to the tank instead bringing the tank to the machine. A compound lever feed arm allows precise advance of the drill bit. Design permits good access for even small tanks with repeatable square drill entry. Hole position close to the plastic top frame or down to the very low position on the side or even bottom drilling are easily accomplished. Good for in-store contract tank drilling or Maintenance personal."

This is the setup I use for drilling tanks. I have used it to drill glass as thin as those from 5 gal tank. Jehmco sells this one as well. I have yet to crack a tank.

glassdrillsetup1.gif