• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

How to set an ambush for one's self

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Anyone spawning gold (or red) severums or have juveniles? I had some borderline spastic green wild-types that I parted with after raising them up from babies but I understand they mellow with age/size.

rich_one

Members
Anyone spawning gold (or red) severums or have juveniles? I had some borderline spastic green wild-types that I parted with after raising them up from babies but I understand they mellow with age/size.
Not so sure about that, man... I don't have a gold or a red, but the one large sev I do have is still a pretty feisty one, chasing many of the other tankmates regularly, though never catching any of them (I'm not really sure what kind of sev I actually have though... its bluish in color, with red spots... I have had a tough time finding a photo of another one that looks like it).

-Rich

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I had sevs on both sides of the spectrum as well. I'm not sure if it is just a coincidence or not, but the two most aggressive sevs I have ever had (and I'm talking about killing other fish aggressive) have both been adult gold males. I had to move my current big male from my south american tank with uaru and chocolates to my 180 with big centrals - hogaboomorum, dempseys, black belts, etc. He still rules the 180.