• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

hmmm $350 to set up a 90 or $550 for a 180?

creepyoldguy

Members
What would you do? I have 2 deals

#1 $350 for nice stand and canopy for my 90. I'll still have ti build a sump and buy a pump and some plumbing

#2. $550 rr 180, two 4ft t5 lights, jasmine online pump, shrimp sub pump, 150lbs of base rock, amiracle sump for 90g, 75g tank and a new in box eshopps protein skimmer rated for a 300g tank.

My brain says the 180, and part out what I don't need to make my money back. I also have a friend interested in trading me the 75 and base rock for a nice stand and canopy for 180 if I do buy it.

What do you guys think?

creepyoldguy

Members
Haha I knew it was a bad idea to ask here. Both setups would be sweet, but the 180 is such a good deal, its hard to turn down

Is this the 180G RR tank from MFK? If so I would be careful and the reason why I say that is because I actually emailed the guy and got some pics of the tank. He's been keeping the tank in a unclimate controlled garage for some time and it's never seen water since he's had it. Based on the pictures it looks to be an older oceanic tank since it's got that crackle white trim on it. He estimated it to be around 10 years old. With that age and being in a garage that isn't climate controlled I'd be worried about the shape of the seams.