• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Eco Plus 3 Air Pump Set Up

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I picked up an Eco Plus 3 air pump at the meeting on Saturday (thanks again, Pete!) and I'm looking to set it up to run sponges and box filters on my spare bedroom "fish room". It will end up running about 12 devices.

Pete was gracious enough to throw in the plastic gang splitter that comes with the pump. This leads me to my question:

The pump itself has an outlet fitting that fits onto 3/8" ID tubing. The plastic gang valve has a fitting that accepts a 3/4" ID piece of tube. Any suggestions on the best way to transition from the 3/8" tube to the 3/4" tubing?

rsretep

Members
jon... I know when i did my room i used a "loop" made out of one inch pvc pipe, while i was purchasing the pvc, there were some reducing devices that i also needed which i found right there in the plumbing dept.

If you dont see exactly what you want make sure you check in the section for the underground sprinkler systems. They have threaded fittings with barbed ends and all kind of other good stuff.

Buckcich

Members
Not all HD carry appropriate fittings. Some are better stock than others. Another option is find a plumbing supply store locally. Bring the pump with you if possible.

Parrot25

I use McMaster Carr at work all the time to do quick jobs.

I would use the following two parts and some PTFE thread tape 4591K11.

5372K154 Male 3/8" barbed tube fitting
5372K219 Female 3/4" barbed Tube Fitting

you may also want to use a hose clamp to secure the hose together

54195K14 hose clamp for 3/8 tube
5321K17 Hose Clamp for 3/4 tube

I really like purchasing from McMaster because they will ship you the parts in two days or less most of the time. I have order things from them at 2:00 pm Tuesday and it is sitting on my desk by 5pm Wednesday. You can basically buy anything you need for your home or work other projects from them. They have pretty much everything. Well that is my two cents.