• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Fish question

lewrosa

Members
I was wondering if anyone might be able to help me determine what this Angel has on it. I saw this Fri morning right before I went to work so I snapped a quick picture. When I came home sadly the fish had died.

uploadfromtaptalk1421874631673.jpg

I didn't know if there was anything I should do since the fish died. I did do my regular water change on Mon. All other fish seem to be doing fine.

Any help you guys could give would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

Sent from my VS985 4G using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

uploadfromtaptalk1421874631673.jpg

lewrosa

Members
Yes I am. Sorry should have been a little more specific

Localzoo

Board of Directors
Difficult to say can you describe the fishes behavior....
You said no other fish showing symptoms?
How long was your last water change before the symptoms?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

lewrosa

Members
The fish seemed to be acting normal prior to the red swollen spot. The fish even seemed to be acting normal after I noticed the red swollen spot.

As far as water changes go it was honestly about 2-3 weeks from the last water change. Whenever I checked water parameters everything was within the normal range.

lewrosa

Members
Tetramin tropical fish flakes. I have been feeding that to all my fish except my puffers ever since I started keeping fish... Every once in a while I would give that tank frozen brine shrimp or bloodworms but haven't in quite a while.

lewrosa

Members
The way the fish looked in the pic was the way the fish normally looked except for the red spot on it's head. I had gotten that Angel for free as well as others a while back and had it in quarantine for months before I would even try to put them in my regular tank

Localzoo

Board of Directors
The way the fish looked in the pic was the way the fish normally looked except for the red spot on it's head. I had gotten that Angel for free as well as others a while back and had it in quarantine for months before I would even try to put them in my regular tank

Maybe someone else might have more insight

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
Does the red area appear swollen, or does it just look that way in the pic? Are there other symptoms? Is the red area getting worse?

lewrosa

Members
The red area did seem swollen, I didn't notice any other symptoms. The Angel died that day/night though. It died while I was at work