• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Greetings and African Cichlid Search

Rfreddy321

Members
I have been a member since early 2009 and finally had a chance to attend my first meeting. First let me thank everyone for making me feel welcome and I really enjoyed the Springsteen floor show by the auctioneer. :lol: I was able to meet some of the members I knew only by their screen names. I purchased some africans from some members and won one auction; however I am still in the market to add to my tank. I also have a couple of fish a may be looking to trade for smaller cichlids on my list. There is one large female "Bumblebee" and a large giraffe cichlid, not sure of sex. They are both around 6". Let me know if someone is interested. I also do not have any bags but could try and catch them and bring them to the next meeting. I am looking to add probably another 20+ to my tank and am looking for mostly males in the 2" range. PM me if you have any and your costs. I am currently out of work and would like to spend as little as possible. Sorry if I have messed up the names as they were pulled from the Cichlid Library forum page. This is sort of a wish list. Thanks again for the help.

SPECIES OF FISH -- MALES ONLY
Aulonocara Baenschi Nkhomo Island Benga Sunshine
Aulonocara sp. Bi-Color 500
Aulonocara sp. German Red
Aulonocara hueseri (Midnight Peacock)
Aulonocara jacobfreibergi (Otter Point Malawai Butterfly)
Copadichromis borleyi (Kadango)
Copadichromis (Midnight mloto)
Copadichromis trewavasae (Mloto Likoma)
Otopharynx lithobates (Aristochromis Red Top)
Labidochromis sp. "Hongi" (SRT) "Red Top Kimpuma"
M
etriaclima sp. Zebra (OB)
Pseudotropheus perspicas Perspicax Orange Cap (Red Top -Ndumbi)
Pseudotropheus sp. Blueberry
Pseudotropheus saulosi (Green Face)
Aulonocara steveni Usisya (Black Fin) **P1Aulonocara steveni Usisya (Blue Fin)

SPECIES OF FISH -- MALES & FEMALES
Pseudotropheus Saulosi
Pseudotropheus Socolofi Powder Blue
Pseudotropheus sp. "Red Daktari"
Pseudotropheus sp. Red Zebra
Pseudotropheus sp. Flameback
Aulonocara hueseri (Midnight Peacock)
Aulonocara jacobfreibergi (Undu Reef Lemon Jake)
Aulonocara hybrid (Gold Peacock)
Placidochromis sp. "Phenochilus Tanzania" (Star Sapphire)
Protomelas taeniolatus (Super Red Empress)
Labidochromis sp. Mbamba (Yellow Top)
Labidochromis sp. "Zebra Eastern"
Protomelas Sp.Taiwan Reef

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
great to meet you after speaking on the forum. nice to put a face with a name. glad you enjoyed the meeting.

Wblaze

Members
Nice meeting you. The Bumblebee and Red Zebra I sold you were amongst the best colored in my tank -- hope they are acclimating well for you.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Hey Jeff,

It was great meeting you on Saturday. I hope that the fish are all doing fine. :)

Just a heads-up, in a single tank, once the breeding groups get to adult size, you're going to want to separate them from single males to avoid potential crossbreeding. This is why many Malawi keepers stock tanks to have either all-males or a few groups of fish that are different enough where they will not interbreed.

Cheers and throw up some pictures if you get a chance.

Rfreddy321

Members
WBlaze and Tony, The fish are doing great and I will post some pics as soon as I get a chance. In regards to cichlidsarespecial.com, do the CCA members get a discount?

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
WBlaze and Tony, The fish are doing great and I will post some pics as soon as I get a chance. In regards to cichlidsarespecial.com, do the CCA members get a discount?

I think he does.

Also, have you check Dave's Rare Fish? We're doing a big group buy... 20% off and free shipping to the airport with the largest order. Even if we have to pay shipping, it will be so many folks that it will be pretty minimal. I believe he has most of the fish you are looking for. It is for CCA members only, so definitely check it out to take advantage of one of your membership perks.

He is the guy who donated all the really cool lots from Saturday.