• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Wanted: Male Apistogramma Bitaeniata

ddavila06

Members
as the title says, i am looking for a nice male apistogramma bitaeniata

have some stuff for trade:

*plants
*2 pucallpa gold ancistrus
*aspidora sp black fin (Blaise knows the cw # :lol: )
:

so yeah..anyone?

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Surprise

Wanted: companion for one large (3") WC proven male A. bitaeniata with long stunning violet and yellow finnage. Free to reputable dwarf cichlid aficionado able to provide con-specific heterosexual companionship (or in exchange for yellow ancistrus) or will trade M/F pair of juvenile/pre-adult A. kelleri or panduro for female.

As I recall 'twas your largesse that allowed me to complete an Apisto pairing last time around, and since you asked first, happy to proceed in accordance with your wishes (specific to this context). Provenance is per M. Barber/Peru and would really like to see some spawn as female perished after cannibalizing a couple of broods. Tiniest Apisto fry I've ever seen but also one of the prettiest Apistos IMO both in terms of color and morphology.

Out of country for September meeting but you're welcome to stop by NW DC/Columbia Heights to fulfill our mutual predilection for piscine matchmaking.:D

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Doh!

Apologies - the female yet lives. Hadn't seen her in over a month, missed her the first time when I pulled out the plants/hardscape before responding to your post. If she lapses for some reason will renew the offer above but for now have to give her another chance.

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Stop me ere I post again

The female is in bad shape, likely months away from being able to produce eggs at best. Was always puny but now she's basically emaciated so we should work out something that unites the male with a robust female. Your call as to whom goes where.

ddavila06

Members
The female is in bad shape, likely months away from being able to produce eggs at best. Was always puny but now she's basically emaciated so we should work out something that unites the male with a robust female. Your call as to whom goes where.

lol.

is ur male agresive?
i had bitaeniata from M. Barber before and spawned but was right around my movind dates and none made the move :(

i dont plan to going that far anytime soon.. u should come to the pvas meeting though :D otherwise i guess i can wait.

btw- female eunotos was in my tank, she tore the one u gaveme apart in no time. now is herding her nice batch of babies around :) to bad for the other one..they might have been practicing/learning to care for fry? who knows.......

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Maybe so

He's very mild - not a factor in the female's demise. Maybe could make PVAS in September if free, but if I make the drive I'll want to trade you something for your female.:D

ddavila06

Members
He's very mild - not a factor in the female's demise. Maybe could make PVAS in September if free, but if I make the drive I'll want to trade you something for your female.:D

LOL!!!
i have not much;
some random small anubias
mosses/mixed
tiger vallisnerias
aspidoras that i already brought u :D
uhmm.. and floating plants i think-

actually, i have a few 3-4 common bushy nose plecos that are around inch and quarter orso and two 3~ inch pucallpa gold ancistrus as well

Last edited:

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Your way

Yellow Ancistrus would do, moss & Abubias always welcome - holler at me before the PVAS meeting.